ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU passport validity/expiry for naturalisation applications:

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RedMoon

EU passport validity/expiry for naturalisation applications:

Post by RedMoon » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi all,

Am I correct in assuming that when I send my current EU passport with my naturalisation application it needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of posting it to UKBA?

Thanks for your reply.

Malik44

Re: EU passport validity/expiry for naturalisation applicati

Post by Malik44 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:55 pm

RedMoon wrote:Hi all,

Am I correct in assuming that when I send my current EU passport with my naturalization application it needs to be valid for at least another 6 months from the date of posting it to UKBA?

If you used NCS services then you don't need to send original documents like passports and Home Office documents in that case you can renew your passport even your application still pending in Home Office.
but if you send your application by own then original documents have to submit with application in that case it is better to renew your passport first and then apply.

Thanks for your reply.

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:24 am

So if I come to NCS with a passport with say 3 months left on it then would it be accepted? In other words: is there a validity left requirement/practice (whether NCS or not)?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:03 am

There is no requirement for the passport to be valid at all regardless of the way you apply.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

RedMoon

Post by RedMoon » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks Jumbo,

It's quite reassuring that I would not have to make my way to the embassy just because my current passport has couple of months left on it.