ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years rule

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HITS123

10 years rule

Post by HITS123 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:50 am

Hi all

I need expert advised, I applied for entrepreneur visa in team and it has been refused, we lounge appeal and it will be next year June 2015 however I finished my 10 years now. So can I apply 10 years visa, if yes then does it effect on going appeal as I does not wish to make my partner in trouble.

Thanks

samaygrg

Re: 10 years rule

Post by samaygrg » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Definitely you can, given you haven't broken any rules/stay permission at past. Get an immigration solicitor on board and get started.

Regarding your appeal process's outcome, I guess you need to prepare your statement accordingly, where you got to sell your commitment to court that you'll carry on your business with your partner as proposed.

Princess of Ammi
- thin ice -

Re: 10 years rule

Post by Princess of Ammi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:47 pm

well.. when an appeal is already running deprives you on making new application whether it is for ILR or any other application.

if you chose to withdraw in appeal would make you over stayer as countable time in this regard is the time when you received your application decision(refusal).

you can have completion of 10 years lawfully as an add on to appeal grounds where Judges normally ask HO to reconsider the decision based up on the 10 years provision. this should benefit your team member(if your team member getting heard same time) as well.

you(team) should focus on winning this appeal as you do not have any other options.
thanks,