ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Border check when arriving in a schengan country

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

justdopposite

Border check when arriving in a schengan country

Post by justdopposite » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:39 pm

Hello

I live in UK and will be travelling to Netherlands, Belgium and Germany with my multiple entry schengan visa issued by the Netherlands embassy.

Do I need to carry with me my travel insurance, bank statements, job letters,etc with me ? Will the immigration officer ask for these documents at the border?

Sorry if this has been answered already somewhere but I couldn't find any info on search

Many thanks

Donutz

Re: Border check when arriving in a schengan country

Post by Donutz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Yes, it's best you do since a visa does not guarantee access at the border and a border guard could always ask you to show that you meet all the requirements (suffucient funds, insurance etc.).

sirlim

Re: Border check when arriving in a schengan country

Post by sirlim » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 pm

Although this may be moot, for the benefit of those who may be asking - absolutely. When I entered through Germany on a Dutch Schengen visa the border officers asked for a copy of my bank statement but let me go anyway. Nonetheless, bring them just in case.