ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

citizenship registration for children. can they travel?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dinka
Newly Registered

citizenship registration for children. can they travel?

Post by dinka » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 am

Dear members I need some help please. I got my ILR. I have 2 children born here and have never travelled out of UK,and I'm in the preparation to register them as citizens. However I discoverd that due to back log, the timelines increased to about 4 months. I used to think it was 5 weeks. So I got the tickets to go home with my children over Xmas only 2 months away. But their british certificate will return after travelling and so I cant get them british passports before travelling. they will have no british passport to return to uk.So far they only have my country's passport. Is it okey for them to travel while their registration is processed? Or do I have to apply for them a visa to cover their travel to and from uk. If so which visa dovI apply for?Also can I apply for their british passports from them abroad where they will be when their certificates arrive in uk? I will appreciate your help as we need to travel. Thanks in advance. Dinka