ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple citizenships

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Julian11

Multiple citizenships

Post by Julian11 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 am

Due to parents being from all over and previous naturalisations, I currently have four citizenships and am applying for British, which would be my fifth.

I only listed the relevant one that allows for my UK residence on the form, but the NCS asked me to list all of them there.

Will this cause any issues/delays at the home office, or will they only really care about how I meet the requirements using the nationality that I am here under?

milan69
Diamond Member

Re: Multiple citizenships

Post by milan69 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:46 am

Besides British I hold 2 more citizenships and as far as I know there is no limit in how many you are allowed to have.
I am sometimes wrong.

zonkkk

Post by zonkkk » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:31 am

Different countries have different rules. Search "Multiple citizenship" and click on the Wikipedia link that comes up.
That will give you an idea, as well as examples of how different countries regard multiple citizenship.

masterofpuppets

Post by masterofpuppets » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:21 pm

Julian11 wrote:Due to parents being from all over and previous naturalisations, I currently have four citizenships and am applying for British, which would be my fifth.

I only listed the relevant one that allows for my UK residence on the form, but the NCS asked me to list all of them there.

Will this cause any issues/delays at the home office, or will they only really care about how I meet the requirements using the nationality that I am here under?
Did u list all of them .