ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with a UK travel document after naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Relatively Fat

Travelling with a UK travel document after naturalisation

Post by Relatively Fat » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:15 am

My citizenship ceremony is today at 2pm. For travel purposes, I have a UK travel document ( the blue one for refugees) and it expires 2024. I had guessed my citizenship app would take long, so I applied for a travel document immediately after my ILR and have used it to travel three times so far. I was tempted to travel while my citizenship app was under consideration but I did not.

Now, I am likely to change my name before applying for my first adult British passport, however, I may need to travel abroad soon. I don't know how long changing my name by deed poll would take but I know that passports take at least a month.

Questions: is my UK travel document - which is based on ILR - valid for the purpose of travel after naturalisation but before applying for a British passport? Or do I lose it subsequent to my losing of the settlement/refugee status on which it was based and which now has been lost?

Replies appreciated.