ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for partner of Brit - lived 5 years in UK - questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qwerty13
Newly Registered

ILR for partner of Brit - lived 5 years in UK - questions

Post by qwerty13 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:09 pm

I have been living in the UK with my partner for over 5 years. He is a British citizen. During this time I was first on a Holidaymaker visa and then a student visa, and have been on a Partner visa for the last 15 months.
What I want to know is, when can I apply for ILR? Does the 5 years only count if you were on a partner visa for 5 years, or does it count if you were living together in a relationship? We had already lived together 2 years by July 2012 but I didn't know that I could study on a partner visa or I would have switched from the student visa.
Any clarification greatly appreciated!

vinny

Re: ILR for partner of Brit - lived 5 years in UK - question

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Unfortunately, since you switched to leave as a partner after 9th July 2012, the requirement is for SET(M) is 5 years from being initially granted FLR(M) (E-ILRP.1.3).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.