ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PCN Traffic Enforcment Center and Bailiffs

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orphean
Newly Registered

PCN Traffic Enforcment Center and Bailiffs

Post by orphean » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:37 pm

Hello,

I'm eligible for ILR this November. However, last year, i had 2 PCN's issued by Transport for London (driving in the bus lane and stopping in the yellow box). I had moved so I never got the notices. I had only changed my address on my driving license, NOT my vehicle registration (V5C). As such, TfL had my old address.

I got a visit from the bailiffs (a private one from JBW) who said that the northhampton traffic enforcement center had issued a warrant of execution and that i had to pay. I paid both immediately.

Now, with my ILR due, I realise I have to disclose this.

My questions are

a) How serious is this for the caseworker to deny my application based on the character requirement?

b) Do i have a civil judgement registered against me? Is the fact that because I didn't pay the PCN immediately, it went to northampton county court, so it is registered?

Any help on this from the seniors would be helpful

Malik44

Re: PCN Traffic Enforcment Center and Bailiffs

Post by Malik44 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:07 pm

If you paid that amount than you don't need to worry about it and also no need to declare in ILR application.
you should have to change new address on your vehicle registration (V5C) as soon as possible you are lucky it comes to your notice in time that you have two pending penalties on your name otherwise at first level it leads towards bailiffs and if bailiffs people didn't get any answer than it leads towards to County Court Judgement (CCJ).

orphean
Newly Registered

Post by orphean » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:39 am

thank you. yes I paid the bailiffs on the spot and also changed my v5c immediately to reflect my new address.

I'm confused. I thought I should declare it in my application.

also, can you clarify what you mean about "if bailiffs can't reach you a CCJ then follows?"? I thought the bailiffs were the last thing to happen in this process.

orphean
Newly Registered

Post by orphean » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:13 pm

just an update

I successfully obtained my ILR from Croydon PEO. No issues at all. I just mentioed my PCN's on my cover letter.

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:15 pm

orphean wrote:just an update

I successfully obtained my ILR from Croydon PEO. No issues at all. I just mentioed my PCN's on my cover letter.
Its good the hear that you didn't hide this issue from the home office. You done the right thing, because if you hadn't declare this information and they find out about it, you could be in trouble.