ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation (English Requirement)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

grkumar
Newly Registered

Naturalisation (English Requirement)

Post by grkumar » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:50 am

Hi,

I would want to apply for naturalisation and request some advise on English requirement.

I hold bachelors degree from India that which was taught in English. A friend of mine says that I can obtain Statement of comparability from UKNARIC to show English requirement. Also, I heard from different sources that I also need to obtain English Language Assessment from UKNARIC to show the English requirement.

Now my question is do I have to obtain both (Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment) to show my English requirement or any one do. Please advise it so that I can order one today.

Also, please advise on a referee that a friend of mine who is working in a store as a manager for a Ltd company can give his referee?

Thank you very much for you advise.

Bimkala
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation (English Requirement)

Post by Bimkala » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:36 pm

Hi everyone
I am applying for british naturalisation. I am confused about my English requirement. I have a certificate of english level 2 from city and guilds when I was in college. Do you think it is acceptable?
Please help :(

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:43 pm

See page 36
An English Language Assessment (ELA) from UK NARIC, which will confirm that the degree was taught in English. UK NARIC will only issue an ELA where they are satisfied that the qualification is comparable to a UK Bachelor’s degree.

Or

A Statement of Comparability (SoC) from UK NARIC confirming the qualification is equivalent to a UK qualification . They must also provide an original letter from the university or awarding institution on official headed paper, confirming the applicant’s name, the title of the degree, and that the qualification was taught in English.
First check the Points Based Calculator, you need 20 points for the degree AND 10 points for English. You can just print that out and submit it instead, it'll save the cost of NARIC.

Just write "Manager of Ltd Company" as profession on the form, it's fine.

pragneshmpatel

Post by pragneshmpatel » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Hi grkumar,
Have you applied without soc?