ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

canon123
Member of Standing

help

Post by canon123 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Received notice of intended prosecution to find who the driver is. Filled it in and sent back.

After few days received Conditional offer of fixed penalty - 3 points with £100 fine. Paid it and sent my license to be endorsed.

No court summons at all.

But when I look at the DVLA record it says FPN was issued by North London magistrate court. Can you please advise if this is a issue for me to secure ILR.

Incident happened: Aug 2014

Malik44

Re: help

Post by Malik44 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:40 pm

if it was fixed price penalty of fine and points and there is no court involved than there is no criminal conviction.
But if convicted by court, then depending on the offence you may have an unspent conviction.
it looks like it was fixed penalty but in order to make sure you can check for unspent convictions here.
http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/accessni
http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

canon123
Member of Standing

Re: help

Post by canon123 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:20 am

can I be convicted by court without receiving any court summons.

I did not receive any court summons. Sent my license to address provided by the police. In that letter it clearly mentioned if I pay the fine I will not be prosecuted in court.