ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SS Route for parents/Family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

desertman

SS Route for parents/Family member

Post by desertman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi All,
Please advice me on the below.

I am a British National and wants to move to Ireland along with my British wife and son. I want to take my non-EEA parents and Sister along with me to Ireland, my parents and sister used to visit to me in UK every year (from last 5 years) for a period of 5 to 6 months every year.I have below questions if you can please guide me.

1: please correct me If I am wrong that I need to apply for the initial visa as Parents (family member) of EU national from Pakistan to enter Ireland? the documents will be required are my British passport copy, detail covering letter, prove of relationships (Family form), prove of travel & hotel bookings/house Rent that I am moving to Ireland and exercising the EU treaty rights under the Directive 2004/38/EC.

2: Is there need to prove that my parents & sister(unmarried) are financially dependent on me as they belong to my close family members so do I still need to prove financial dependency? If yes what documents will require. I usually give them money as cash when they are with me in UK or when I go to visit them so have no documentary prove of money sent to them.

3: After entering to Ireland, at the time of applying for EU1, do I need to prove that I earn enough money to support my parents and sister, is there any limit of income to earn to support their application?

4: As I will be very new to Ireland, it will be bit difficult to provide tax papers or to get high income job. Can I show my savings from UK that I have enough money to support my parents & sisters for next few years by providing bank statements from UK banks?

thanks in Advance

dalebutt

Re: SS Route for parents/Family member

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:07 am

i) The documents you listed are correct, save for hotel booking or proof of rent, see link for details http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

ii) Yes you need to prove dependency, genuine dependency.

iii) No specified income is required.

iv) If you do not have a job, you will need to prove self sufficiency, that will be very costly, it is advisable to follow the route of employment.

desertman

Post by desertman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:30 am

thanks a lot dalebutt for you response.

Do I also need to prove the Dependency at the time of applying for the entry visa(family member of EU national) from Pakistan or only at the time of applying for EU1 or FP in Ireland ?

The only problem I will having in proving the financial dependency of my parents on me, I do have some money transfer receipts but that money has not transferred into any bank account in Pakistan and has been taken by cash.

Will that be enough to only provide the money transfer receipts from here and their visits to me in UK every year as can't have any prove of cash given to them.

thanks

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:32 am

Well you may as well try, you will need to explain that in a cover letter.

sali11

Post by sali11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:37 pm

desertman wrote:Hi All,
Please advice me on the below.

I am a British National and wants to move to Ireland along with my British wife and son. I want to take my non-EEA parents and Sister along with me to Ireland, my parents and sister used to visit to me in UK every year (from last 5 years) for a period of 5 to 6 months every year.I have below questions if you can please guide me.

1: please correct me If I am wrong that I need to apply for the initial visa as Parents (family member) of EU national from Pakistan to enter Ireland? the documents will be required are my British passport copy, detail covering letter, prove of relationships (Family form), prove of travel & hotel bookings/house Rent that I am moving to Ireland and exercising the EU treaty rights under the Directive 2004/38/EC.

2: Is there need to prove that my parents & sister(unmarried) are financially dependent on me as they belong to my close family members so do I still need to prove financial dependency? If yes what documents will require. I usually give them money as cash when they are with me in UK or when I go to visit them so have no documentary prove of money sent to them.

3: After entering to Ireland, at the time of applying for EU1, do I need to prove that I earn enough money to support my parents and sister, is there any limit of income to earn to support their application?

4: As I will be very new to Ireland, it will be bit difficult to provide tax papers or to get high income job. Can I show my savings from UK that I have enough money to support my parents & sisters for next few years by providing bank statements from UK banks?

thanks in Advance
Hi
Just wondering if you did go ahead with your plan and would like to share the experience? as I am in exactly the same situation.
Thanks