ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

calculating £18,600 financial requirement to apply family vi

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aiqbal
Newly Registered

calculating £18,600 financial requirement to apply family vi

Post by aiqbal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:49 pm

Hi members

I have recently got married and my wife is british. I am currently on tier 1 entreprenuer visa. I am looking to apply family visa the 5 year route and really confused while calculating the £18,600 financial requirement. Firstly, my wife was employed for 1.5 year with a company on hourly pay which she left in september this year. She has joined another employement on hourly pay in october. I have got cash savings of worth £53,000 in my account. And i was employed in a company while I was on psw visa and left the job in feburary 2014. From the period Dec to Feb I earned gross figure of £4,200. Can I sum up all the actual pay I and my wife recieved combined with the saving of £53,000 to meet financial requirements.
Looking for prompt help.

Rayking

Re: calculating £18,600 financial requirement to apply famil

Post by Rayking » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 pm

No you can't. If that amount has been held in your account for six months,then you can use that in addition to you spouse's earning in the last 12 months.
But her annual income with the present employer must be 18600 or more for it to be considered.
Your income can only be considered if you're presently in employment, but your cash savings should be fine if you've held it for 6 months otherwise you can't use it.

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

Rayking - income of ANY amount can be used toward the total providing the person is currently employed. You can then make up the shortfall with savings.

However, you're right that our OP here cannot use his income as he isn't employed currently.

The savings mean that the income from his wife can be as low as 3800 and they'll meet the test.

M.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:18 pm

Yeah,that's what I meant, I suspect OP isn't in employment, if he is,then they can add that to it,he obviously needs just a small amount if the savings have been held for 6 months.
Also the wife or both must have a job of 18600 at present even to qualify on cat B.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:12 pm

Well let me try and see if i can explain this.

The OP's has a savings of 53,000 pounds, provided he has held this savings for 6 months or more, he only need to show his wife is earning 3800 annually to qualify under the financial requirement.

Provided he was lawfully working in those two months he mentioned, his 4200 earning and that of his wife, can be added to get the 3800 shortfall.

For the purpose of Category A or Category B, he will need to demonstrate that his wife earns at least £3800 annually.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors