ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing Employer, Dependant Maintenance

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rizwvi
Newly Registered

Changing Employer, Dependant Maintenance

Post by rizwvi » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi, I have Tier 2 General visa and currently working in a company in London, I am going to change employer soon, After getting COS Me and my dependant going to apply for visa as well.

I have question that Do i have to show maintenance for 90 days???
AND ALSO
Does my wife need to show maintenance for 90 days???

Please send me a valid suggestion so it would help me.

Regards,

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Changing Employer, Dependant Maintenance

Post by moonlight55 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:42 pm

If your prospective employer is a A-rated one and he has ticked the checkbox for supporting your maintenance, then you need not provide any maintenance proof. If they have not agreed to support, then you will need to provide maintenance proof for yourself and your spouse (if she is applying along with you).

mbz17
Newly Registered

Post by mbz17 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:48 pm

moonlight55 wrote:If your prospective employer is a A-rated one and he has ticked the checkbox for supporting your maintenance, then you need not provide any maintenance proof. If they have not agreed to support, then you will need to provide maintenance proof for yourself and your spouse (if she is applying along with you).
yes he is right

rizwvi
Newly Registered

Post by rizwvi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:14 pm

Is there any other option not to show maintenance. I.E. I am already on Tier 2 General Visa and it is expiring in Year 2016. but i am changing job end of the Year 2014. Do i still have to show maintenance for myself or for my dependent.

Regards,

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:50 pm

If you change jobs, you will have to apply for a new Tier 2 visa. In that case, you will have to show maintenance (unless your new employer has ticked the maintenance checkbox while assigning the CoS and has agreed to support you & your family for the first month).

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi, the policy guidance mentions that if you are already on Tier 2, you will not need to show these funds. See attached file. I would see that for extension applications.

But it doesnt clearly mention that this is ALSO applicable for new Tier 2 application for a different employer. It may well be, its just that it doesnt UNAMBIGUOUSLY mention that.

I have always said and maintained that visa holders MUST always maintain a decent amount of funds in one of their bank accounts to deal with these requirements. It makes life a lot easier and then you won't need to worry about UKVI requirements. My 2 cents.
Attachments
policy_guidance.png
Tier 2 pol guidance on Maintenance of Funds
policy_guidance.png (146.43 KiB) Viewed 521 times

uni_guy
Newly Registered
India

Post by uni_guy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 am

Application For A Grant Of Leave And Biometric Residence Permit Under Tier 2 - Main Applicant form at

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

Says that you get 10 points, if you are already on tier2
Fund Main.png
Fund Main.png (63.93 KiB) Viewed 507 times

rizwvi
Newly Registered

Post by rizwvi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Its seams that i should not submit maintenance documents once, i am on Tier 2 General visa and same thing for my dependent.