ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rahuljain34
Newly Registered

FLR problem

Post by rahuljain34 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:24 pm

I have a query which I have not been able to solve despite a lot of
research and I would be very grateful if you could advise me.

Suppose a person,living outside UK, has been granted an HSMP on 1 July
2007.Thus he has a time of 6 months e.g. till 31 January 2007 to apply
for Entry Clearance.Suppose he applies for entry clearance on 1st
December 2007 and gets the Entry CLearance(visa) on 20th December
Now suppose this person travels to the UK, for the first time, under
this visa on
20th February 2008 (i.e. 2 months after he got the entry clearance
stamped on his passport)

He stays in the UK from 1 Feb 2008 to the end of his visa tenure i.e.
20th December 2009, a period of 22 months.Then he applies and gets an
HSMP extension of a further 3 years and again he stays in the UK for a
further 3 years.
Thus his total stay in the UK becomes 3 years + 22 months = 4 years 10 months.
Now can he apply for Indefinite Leave to remain ? Or will he have to
apply for an extension of the HSMP visa for a further period, in order
for him to get a fully 5 years residence in the UK? Will a HSMP
extension be given after the initial 2+3 years?
So in summary, my question is, suppose a person is not able to satisfy
the 5 years residence requirement within the 2+3 years HSMP visa
period, then can he apply for a further extension of HSMP, so that he
can stay in UK longer and then apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain?

SYH
BANNED

Re: FLR problem

Post by SYH » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:18 pm

rahuljain34 wrote:I have a query which I have not been able to solve despite a lot of
research and I would be very grateful if you could advise me.
?
Besides this being a double post, I really would like to know exactly how you researched this issue as your lack of basic understanding of ILR qualification is alarming. I suggest you read the guidance really hard about ILR and the annex regarding residence requirements.

rahuljain34
Newly Registered

Post by rahuljain34 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:15 pm

I have done my research. Would advise you to do some more before wasting your time.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:26 pm

You did your research? Really? I again ask, what did you find, where did you go, what documents did you look at?

I have no need to do research or rather no need to do research for you.
Further I already advised you what to look at to find your answer.
Obviously you didn't bother because you still want the information spoon fed to you
As you can see by the lack of response, No one is inclined to treat you like a baby.
We expect you to make a minimal effort before running to the forum for help because it is a bit disrespectful to think you are entitled to the info.
This is evidenced by you sitting on your buttocks and folding your arms, waiting for some one to answer you while still haven't done the basics of research yourself.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:01 pm

I think this is genuine query.
Many HSMP will come up with this question with the passage of time. As per rules one can apply for ILR once he/she complete a residency for 4 years and 11 months.
I think it would make sense if i say most of HSMP won't qualify for ILR having a 2+3 or 1+4 year EC/ FLR because many of us had to makesome arrangments before coming to UK; we didn't came to UK the next day we got our EC. Secondly during this five year period some may have gone to thier home county for visiting their families.
In Short we will have to apply for FLR even if we need a month to qualify for ILR & most important is that we will be judged again by Point based system for this FLR.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:45 pm

Mrs Khan wrote:I think this is genuine query.
Many HSMP will come up with this question with the passage of time. As per rules one can apply for ILR once he/she complete a residency for 4 years and 11 months.
I think it would make sense if i say most of HSMP won't qualify for ILR having a 2+3 or 1+4 year EC/ FLR because many of us had to makesome arrangments before coming to UK; we didn't came to UK the next day we got our EC. Secondly during this five year period some may have gone to thier home county for visiting their families.
In Short we will have to apply for FLR even if we need a month to qualify for ILR & most important is that we will be judged again by Point based system for this FLR.
That is not the crux of his question, if it was then I would have already gotten help

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:25 pm

So in summary, my question is, suppose a person is not able to satisfy
the 5 years residence requirement within the 2+3 years HSMP visa
period, then can he apply for a further extension of HSMP, so that he
can stay in UK longer and then apply for Indefinite leave to remain ?

It was how he concluded his question; So i replied keeping in view his main question.Any way if you had understand the CRUX of his question then u should have not replied the way you did [/quote]

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:08 pm

No Khan, you are getting closer but no cigar.
In any case, as still no one is answering, I think that speaks volumes about the question
And if you aren't the original OP, I find it strange that he has dissappeared and you are the only one spooking the thread.
The original answer I gave still applies. My reply was as legitimate and certainly more informative than your reply.

Mrs Khan

Post by Mrs Khan » Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:28 pm

I think it would be unwise if i keep on stretching arguments with you but the bottom line is this is a discussion forum : Anyone who have a query; can join and put a question for anyone who want to respond. No one is compelled to answer.

It is not necessary that the people who joined/ asked questions on this forum are to be an experts on Immigration matters. Sometime you have to show a tolerance and respect for the layman questions.

As matter of fact administrators are there to sort these matter out and they can do it in more polite and professional way. if they feel there is a useless question/ or does any harm to the forum they lock it straightaway.

Regards