ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying my Nigerian fiance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

britian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Marrying my Nigerian fiance

Post by britian » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:27 pm

I hope this is the right place.

I'm an oil worker in Nigeria for the past 4 years and I have been seeing my Nigerian girlfriend for nearly 2 years. Security issues means it's not easy for me to get married in Nigeria, so we are looking at the uk.

I have a house in the uk and I'm employed by a uk company but I'm not ordinarily resident so I don't pay tax on account of me being in the uk <90 days a year. So looking at the available visas, is my only option to get a marriage visitor visa?

However, we want children and I want them brought up in the uk, she lost the last one so we are trying again, but we would split our time between uk and Nigeria so she is with me while I'm here working as I work on rotation, albeit extended ones hence the tax free.

So can we get a fiancé visa and still come and go as we please or will she actually have to stay in the uk? We will eventually come back to live in the uk to bring our kids up but right now we would still like to be flexible between Nigeria and the uk for my work.

Its not impossible to get married in Nigeria, but our preference is certainly the uk but I won't rule it out.

Thanks.

britian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Marrying my Nigerian fiance

Post by britian » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Can I just add, she already has a 6 month visit visa and she has visited the UK.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:38 pm

The most important question you forgot to mention that what is your nationality?? But if you British or pbs system visa holder then in both cases fiancee/unmarried partner visa from outside the UK is impossible unless married. I don't think security issues much prevents from marrying as a lot couples even people getting marrying even Iraq/Afghanistan :mrgreen:

britian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by britian » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:03 pm

I'm British from birth with a British passport.

It's not impossible to get married in Nigeria, my preference if for the uk though. I am quite restricted in my travel arrangements in Nigeria.

britian
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by britian » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:37 pm

Any advice on what visa I should get my gf based on my situation? Cheers

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 pm

You will not get many response here, please post your query here; http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... y-members/