ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is that Ban from UK will affect Schengen (Sweden) Visa?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lkthil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Is that Ban from UK will affect Schengen (Sweden) Visa?

Post by lkthil » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:08 pm

With short story – I've overstayed 6 months since my dependent visa refused. (my wife was pregnant by the time and I didn't have choice rather than stay with her.). So mistake is mine but now it’s not reversible. I submitted new application and gone through appeal process and did not success. I have left Judicial Review which my legal representative advised will not be success too.
So me and my wife consider leave UK and apply for other EU country (Sweden) for entrepreneur (Self-employed) visa. Basically we have running business under my wife's name and our legal adviser said that her application would be success if we fulfill the entire requirements.

My concern is about me. First thing if I left UK voluntarily will UKVI ban me from entering UK for several years? If they did so, will that affect my Schengen (Sweden) visa application? Let’s say they won’t ban. But I have black mark on me. So will that affect my application?

Is there anything UK does with SIS (Schengen Information System) update details of the UK immigrants who overstayed / refused / denied etc.? I've read here and there, some says it won’t be an issue. Some say it will be an issue. Please advise / share if you have any information / advice on this. :?

Thanks.
Thil.

youssef needs helf
Newly Registered

Re: Is that Ban from UK will affect Schengen (Sweden) Visa?

Post by youssef needs helf » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:25 pm

Hello

you can apply for your visa and you don't have to worry about the uk home office!

lkthil
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Is that Ban from UK will affect Schengen (Sweden) Visa?

Post by lkthil » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:27 pm

Hi youssef,

Thanks for your time to reply. Just ask, have you or somebody you know ever done similar thing and succeeded? (I meant Sweden or any other EU country?)

Thanks again.
LK.