ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General Change Of EMployer With Dependants - Success

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Tier 2 General Change Of EMployer With Dependants - Success

Post by rockcbe » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Hi All,

My Application was approved a day back . Thanks to a lot of people in this forum who helped more than one occasion...

Basically had a nightmare of experience over the past few months with a umbrella styled T2G company where I had to do Business Dev. & also work as contractor and what not.. god's grace got a good company to sponsor now and all is fine... Below is my experience ..hope it helps...

1.) Get the sponsor to do RLMT ,
2.) In country COS should be Tier 2 - Changes Of Employment -> This is a unrestricted Cos and employers usually take a few mins to assign this. Check all details are correct ( mine had wrong NI number, which the sponsor send a amendment note , you will not get any proof , but have to take sponsors word for that).
3.) Online form is very easy to fill up and u don't have to carry a lot of stuff and paperwork. So did Online form

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa - > Apply Online.
4.) Book the appointment & pay fees online .

Documents Required.

Primary Applicant
1.) Print out of premium appointment
2.) Print of Coversheet , your actual application will be sent online to UKVI and you will not need that. just the cover sheet which is 6 pages will be required , which can be printed after paying the fees..
3.) CoS Summary sheet .
4.) 2 Photographs & Passports
5.) You don't need to show maintenance, but my employer had maintenance option checked .

Dependant -Spouse

1.) 2 Photographs,
2.) Passports
3.) Evidence of relationship and address.
You are required to provide 2 . I opted for NHS registration letter and Bank statement.
a.) Added wife as joint account holder and got her statement done , Went to bank and they also provided a letter with last one month statement.
b.) NHS - paid GP fee and got a letter from GP that we are registered after giving change of address takes about 5-6 days for the whole thing. I was also able to call the tvphs and ask them to send my cards , which they did in 4-5 days which had updated address and also said GP registration letter
4.) No maintenance doc required if applying together , you can choose status as that of primary applicant while doing on-line form

Dependant - Son

1.) 2 Photographs
2.) Passports

I also gave them a seperate cover letter stating documents given and that NI number was wrong and has been amended

Premier Center- Croydon.

1.) we were there like 30 mins before the time and were standing in a long Q .
2.) later found premier entrance was the next door and we didn't have to stand there..
3.) went in , did security screening and then was sent to registration counters, followed by BRP which took a while with my kid, and then waiting lounge where we kept looking screens for an hour
4.) Got the application done and no waiting for BRP card.

The reason I did Premium , is cause I hate doing paper work and its getting to know the status soon and to negotiate a notice period soon.

Now will talk to my current employer and negotiate on Notice Period.

Thanks a lot and hope this helps...

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General Change Of EMployer With Dependants - Succ

Post by testdriveuser » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello,

I need some assistance in regards with my extension.

Is it necessary to have a joint account with your wife? If, my wife has her own account will it not work?

Also, when I am trying to fill my application online, it is asking if your wife has lived with you for last 5 years. In my case we married year back and it does not have the option to submit this form without completing 5 years info

Thank you for your assistance.

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:22 pm

No it should be fine if she has her own account ..

I am unsure of the options you get if you select no .. as she is already in country, my understanding was it should ask
For more details ...

malar82
Newly Registered

Post by malar82 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:06 am

HI Rockcbe

are you from Coimbatore?

kvr4u
Newly Registered

Post by kvr4u » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:28 am

rockcbe wrote:Hi All,

My Application was approved a day back . Thanks to a lot of people in this forum who helped more than one occasion...

Basically had a nightmare of experience over the past few months with a umbrella styled T2G company where I had to do Business Dev. & also work as contractor and what not.. god's grace got a good company to sponsor now and all is fine... Below is my experience ..hope it helps...

2.) In country COS should be Tier 2 - Changes Of Employment -> This is a unrestricted Cos and employers usually take a few mins to assign this. Check all details are correct ( mine had wrong NI number, which the sponsor send a amendment note , you will not get any proof , but have to take sponsors word for that).
3.) Online form is very easy to fill up and u don't have to carry a lot of stuff and paperwork. So did Online form

Documents Required.

Primary Applicant
2.) Print of Coversheet , your actual application will be sent online to UKVI and you will not need that. just the cover sheet which is 6 pages will be required , which can be printed after paying the fees..
3.) CoS Summary sheet .
5.) You don't need to show maintenance, but my employer had maintenance option checked .

Dependant -Spouse

1.) 2 Photographs,
2.) Passports
You are required to provide 2 . I opted for NHS registration letter and Bank statement.
a.) Added wife as joint account holder and got her statement done , Went to bank and they also provided a letter with last one month statement.
b.) NHS - paid GP fee and got a letter from GP that we are registered after giving change of address takes about 5-6 days for the whole thing. I was also able to call the tvphs and ask them to send my cards , which they did in 4-5 days which had updated address and also said GP registration letter
4.) No maintenance doc required if applying together , you can choose status as that of primary applicant while doing on-line form

Dependant - Son

1.) 2 Photographs
2.) Passports

I also gave them a seperate cover letter stating documents given and that NI number was wrong and has been amended

Premier Center- Croydon.

2.) later found premier entrance was the next door and we didn't have to stand there..
3.) went in , did security screening and then was sent to registration counters, followed by BRP which took a while with my kid, and then waiting lounge where we kept looking screens for an hour

The reason I did Premium , is cause I hate doing paper work and its getting to know the status soon and to negotiate a notice period soon.

Thanks for the detailed information. Could you please help me on the below doubts?

1) When was your old visa due to expire? and for how long you got the new visa from now?
2) Is it really mandatory to apply for dependants immediately though their current visa is valid until 2016?

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:54 pm

1) When was your old visa due to expire? and for how long you got the new visa from now?
Till around mid of 2017 , havent received the BRP yet
2) Is it really mandatory to apply for dependants immediately though their current visa is valid until 2016?

I did read somewhere that they need to apply as well if you do change of employment in country..

my understanding was that cause their status becomes invalid if your current leave on old visa becomes invalid..

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us an update. It will help many of us!
Most people come with queries and once these are resolved, do not bother to come back with what happened to them in the end.
Would be great if more people contributed to the forum with their experience in the end.

uni_guy
Newly Registered
India

Post by uni_guy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:47 pm

rockcbe wrote: 3.) Online form is very easy to fill up and u don't have to carry a lot of stuff and paperwork. So did Online form

Hi,
which Of the below option did you used for applying online and booking slots

1) Marked in Red -
1) Marked in Green
1) Marked in Red and Green
T2 Visa -Guidance-1.png
T2 Visa -Guidance-1.png (25.89 KiB) Viewed 1542 times

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:24 pm

The one you have highlighted is what i used mate the first one .. Apply online ..

uni_guy
Newly Registered
India

Post by uni_guy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:21 am

rockcbe wrote:The one you have highlighted is what i used mate the first one .. Apply online ..
Hi Rockcbe,

Thanks for the reply, as per your suggestion I did started filling my application using the first link, but in the payment section
I don't see anything regarding appointment booking. Neither the fees shown matches the one as per the Premium service.
This is what I get in the payment section
T2 Visa -Guidance-2.png
T2 Visa -Guidance-2.png (68.85 KiB) Viewed 1508 times

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:25 pm

This is so not happening...

Pl use the second link which was the one had... I don't know why the first link now goes to a Beta Site...

The one with Family link

https://apply.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ia ... l=formList

MattB444
Newly Registered

Post by MattB444 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:26 pm

Hello,

Re NHS registration documents - I'm in the same position and need these as my secondary evidence (alongside bank statements - I'm the dependant): I've registered with my local clinic, but need the documents proving this. When I registered they suggested something would eventually be sent... centrally... maybe... if I don't get something after about three weeks then maybe call someone... blah blah blah. Didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

From your post it looks like this could be a letter from my GP, but you have to request this via a central NHS system, with a charge attached? I'm not worried about the charge, more so the bureaucracy behind it, and am also short on time. Did you do this centrally as it was the only option (i.e. couldn't be done via going to the clinic/doctor you are registered at, but you just didn't/couldn't) or because you must do it this way? And if so, do you have a number/address for requesting this? The various NHS websites are a nightmare to navigate...

Little bit stressed about this part as it's the only thing I/we have left to tick off and like you, interview is pretty close...

Thank you!

Matt

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:29 pm

Sorry mate.. I have just seen your post...

I did two things ...

1.) go to my walkin center pay the GP fees and got a letter.
2.) Contacted NHS -TVPHS on 01189183333 / tvpca.recordrequests@nhs.net and followed up with them , sho suggested aupdating my address , and then got back to them and asked them to send the letter , which came thru with a NHS card on it.

jadumani2003
Newly Registered

Post by jadumani2003 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:10 pm

rockcbe wrote:Hi All,

Documents Required.

Primary Applicant
3.) CoS Summary sheet .

Dependant -Spouse

1.) 2 Photographs,
2.) Passports

Dependant - Son

1.) 2 Photographs
2.) Passports

Premier Center- Croydon.

Hi @rockcbe, I'm am eligible to switch in this category. Before I take the plunge I need to know few things. Appreciate if you could guide me with few queries.

1) As most companies require immediate resources and my current employer has 3 months notice period, I can't see anyway how to find a new employer who can give me that much joining time.
2) My visa is valid till April 2015. Is it possible to quit the job and stay in UK until I find a new job?
3) Once I get a new job, how long does it take to get the COS and the visa?
4) In the new job, when my contract expires, how much time I can get to find a next job?

Thanks

rockcbe
United Kingdom

Post by rockcbe » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:39 pm

1) As most companies require immediate resources and my current employer has 3 months notice period, I can't see anyway how to find a new employer who can give me that much joining time.
This ultimately boils down to how easily you can convince your current employer to the notice period and how long your new employer is willing to agree.. Don't resign without your visa being approved. If your current employer asks you to pay your notice then you might be ready to do that
2) My visa is valid till April 2015. Is it possible to quit the job and stay in UK until I find a new job?
If your current employer curtails the visa post resignation , you may not have that luxury . But again your notice period counts , like you said if its 3 months , then I would say you would have another 180 days from the last day of work ( assuming the do that on your last day )
3) Once I get a new job, how long does it take to get the COS and the visa?
COS - depends on RLMT , 28 days and then possibly immediately they should be able to assign if they have remaining ones to assign to you
4) In the new job, when my contract expires, how much time I can get to find a next job?
your employer would apply for 3/5 yrs COS and you would apply visa based on that. you will basically have 180 days if I am not wrong to leave the country

jadumani2003
Newly Registered

Post by jadumani2003 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:36 am

Thanks a lot @rockcbe. You are a saviour.

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:45 am

[quote="rockcbe"]

Dependant -Spouse

1.) 2 Photographs,
2.) Passports

Hi rockcbe ,

Thanks for all the help with this forum! I am applying for a Tier 2 change of employer visa in a few days.I know that my wife (who is already in UK on tier 2 dependant) will have to re-apply on a tier 2 dependant visa.Can she do it after I get my BRP? Will her stay become invalid as soon as I get a BRP? How long will she have to apply for a new visa?

Also what evidence of relationship did you provide? Do we have to prove again that our relationship is subsisting? Like skype chats,marriage certificate,photos?
For address proof can we send bills of council tax, water, electricity ?

paru250687
Newly Registered

Post by paru250687 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:58 am

rockcbe wrote:
Dependant -Spouse

1.) 2 Photographs,
2.) Passports

Hi rockcbe ,

Thanks for all the help with this forum! I am applying for a Tier 2 change of employer visa in a few days.I know that my wife (who is already in UK on tier 2 dependant) will have to re-apply on a tier 2 dependant visa.Can she do it after I get my BRP? Will her stay become invalid as soon as I get a BRP? How long will she have to apply for a new visa?

Also what evidence of relationship did you provide? Do we have to prove again that our relationship is subsisting? Like skype chats,marriage certificate,photos?
For address proof can we send bills of council tax, water, electricity ?