ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Toeic and SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Xam
United Kingdom

Toeic and SET(M)

Post by Xam » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:26 am

Hello All,

I did From Toeic (ETS) in 2012 and submitted (Speaking part along with a cover letter that i didn't get reading part's result ) to HO and After a while I submitted Reading part as well as Another English Course ( A1) from Trinity College and send to Home office After a week I got my BRP with Approval letter

No I already applied for ILR with SET(M) form on 2nd October 2014. I submitted old A1 , New B1 ESOL from Trinity College and expired IELTS (Score 6.0) .
I got Acknowledgement letter on 8th oct 2014
Bio metric appointment letter dated 17th oct 2014

Someone told me they will hold my application for ETS.. Im a bit worried now .

Note: My spouse visa is under old rule.

I would be very great full if someone reply me who has the same experience .

Thank you ever so much.x

Malik44

Re: Toeic and SET(M)

Post by Malik44 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:22 am

Toeic applicants are in risk even if it is used in any previous applications if it is bad quality.
I heard UKBA has got the recorded voice records and they have software of voice detector by which they are doing their investigation.
but on this forum i read somewhere they are given opportunity to some applicants to submit a new english course as well.
So if you did Toeic genuinely than hope you should be fine and UKBA accept your New B1 ESOL from Trinity College and expired IELTS (Score 6.0) courses.

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 am

Thank you for your reply.

I know i have done genuinely .
But one of my mate ( As far I know) didn't genuinely and he married a british Citizen . Now he is in spouse visa. Next month (November )he will apply SET (M)and Last month he have done IELTS ( Score 5.5).
What happen with his case if HO prove that his exam wasn't real one?
As he has family here how he will be removed from this country?
What shall you suggest for him?

Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:30 am

Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:11 pm

Xam wrote:Thank you for your reply.

I know i have done genuinely .
But one of my mate ( As far I know) didn't genuinely and he married a british Citizen . Now he is in spouse visa. Next month (November )he will apply SET (M)and Last month he have done IELTS ( Score 5.5).
What happen with his case if HO prove that his exam wasn't real one?
As he has family here how he will be removed from this country?
What shall you suggest for him?

Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Unless the UKVI tells him otherwise, he has nothing to worry about.

Godislove
Newly Registered

Post by Godislove » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:49 am

Hi i applied ILR on 20 December 2013. I had a spouse visa.
june 2014 got a letter i should rewrite another English test. Because TOIEC is under investigation before my case could be considered. Wen i was applying for my spouse visa year 2011. I did my speaking & listening test with TOIEC Genuinely. Anyway i went to rewrite my speaking & listening test with Trinity college in July 2014. Sent UKVI my certificate. On October 2014 i asked my local MP to write to UKVI about my case since its already been10 months no reply no ILR. Well they replied to my MP told him i should still wait because TOIEC tests are being investigated.
On 25 November 2014 after a stressful long wait of 11 months.I Received my ILR & my biometric card. Thank God.
so i think the TOIEC investigation is over now. So hang in there my people you might receive yours soon

yashbar
Newly Registered

Post by yashbar » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:54 am

Good You are lucky recently they cancelled visa after 20 months on arrival at air port it was shocked after 34 months they said there were proxy, they didn't asked for another test he invested more then 50,000.00 is there any point for help to other victims

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Was it your visa that was cancelled?

Xam
United Kingdom

Post by Xam » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:50 am

Obie wrote:Was it your visa that was cancelled?
Dear Obie,

As below The New Immigration law published on 6th December 2014 . I just posted The English language Requirements of ( Appendix Se FM)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

Could you please Let us know if Anyone has done TOEIC before , The new rule will help him/her out if His/her status under article 8?

Thank you..

32B. Where the decision-maker has:
(a) reasonable cause to doubt that an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages relied on at any time to meet a requirement for limited leave to enter or remain in Part 8 or Appendix FM was genuinely obtained; or

(b) information that the test certificate or result awarded to the applicant has been withdrawn by the test provider for any reason,
the decision-maker may discount the document and the applicant must provide a new test certificate or result from an approved provider which shows that they meet the requirement, if they are not exempt from it.

32C. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result which has ceased by the date of application to be:
(a) from an approved test provider, or (b) in respect of an approved test,
the decision-maker will not accept that certificate or result as valid, unless the decision-maker does so in accordance with paragraph 32D of this Appendix and subject to any transitional arrangements made in respect of the test provider or test in question.

32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision- maker may accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:
(a) from a provider which is no longer approved,
or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved,
or
(c) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any period of overstaying of no more than 28 days) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix.

London20

Post by London20 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello Al
I have applied for my naturalization on 27/5/2014 still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 30/12/2014. I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my student visa in Mach 2012 my application was supported by TOIEC and ESOL. I also used those certificates for my ILR application. My naturalization was supported only by ESOL because TOIEC got expired after 2 years. Now I came to know that TOIEC under investigation by HO since June 2014 onward. So Far I have not received anything from HO apart from acknowledgment letter. I would be very grateful if someone reply me who has the same experience.
Thanks

NIMOG
Newly Registered

Post by NIMOG » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:47 am

London20 wrote:Hello Al
I have applied for my naturalization on 27/5/2014 still waiting for decision to be cleared as at 30/12/2014. I have been in UK as a overseas student since 2002. During extension of my student visa in Mach 2012 my application was supported by TOIEC and ESOL. I also used those certificates for my ILR application. My naturalization was supported only by ESOL because TOIEC got expired after 2 years. Now I came to know that TOIEC under investigation by HO since June 2014 onward. So Far I have not received anything from HO apart from acknowledgment letter. I would be very grateful if someone reply me who has the same experience.
Thanks

Hello!

have you received any reply or decision on your case as i'm in same boat and thinking to apply for naturalization, but my ILR was not supported by TOEIC it was with different provider for B1.

appreciate your reply.

London20

Post by London20 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:05 pm

NIMOG wrote:
London20 wrote:Hello Al
Thanks
Hi.Still waiting.no reply yet...

Hello!

have you received any reply or decision on your case as i'm in same boat and thinking to apply for naturalization, but my ILR was not supported by TOEIC it was with different provider for B1.

appreciate your reply.