ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Agency workers and settlement visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mezoued
Newly Registered

Agency workers and settlement visa

Post by mezoued » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Hi everyone can someone help me please . I recently start a second job through agency to meet the financial threshold .

When I sign the assignment schedule with the agency it said proposed duration : temp ongoing .i got pay slips and assignment schedule by email .
I have the following questions :
1-can I be able to apply for settlement visa after 6 months or I have to wait until the job becomes permanent and the company offer me the job.
Anyone please have experience this agency jobs before?
as this my first time job through agency don't have ideas as it will accepted by H.O

Your help much appreciated,
Thanks

julian1972

Re: Agency workers and settlement visa

Post by julian1972 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Agency work is acceptable providing you have worked there for at least 6 months and earned 9,300 pounds (that's half of 18,600 pounds) during the 6 months period. You will apply using Category A non-salaried employment.

I applied in May 2014 using Agency work to meet the financial requirement.

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:19 pm

julian1972 wrote:Agency work is acceptable providing you have worked there for at least 6 months and earned 9,300 pounds (that's half of 18,600 pounds) during the 6 months period. You will apply using Category A non-salaried employment.

I applied in May 2014 using Agency work to meet the financial requirement.
Thanks i will earn well over the threshold with both jobs but what worry me is that my second agency job is temporary ongoing at the moment hopefully becomes permanent so after 6 months can apply for visa. Does it matter to the H.O if the job through agency is temp ? Does this affect my visa application. Do you mind if I ask you about the outcome of visa using agency work? Many thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:03 pm

If over the last 12 months, your combined gross earning has been over the threshold, then you do not need to wait for 6 months, if you can now show that your combined earning today, meet the threshold .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mezoued
Newly Registered

Post by mezoued » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:00 pm

Obie wrote:If over the last 12 months, your combined gross earning has been over the threshold, then you do not need to wait for 6 months, if you can now show that your combined earning today, meet the threshold .
Yes I know but I only started my second job 4 weeks ago so I need to wait for at least 6 months .