ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Driving License

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mepals

Driving License

Post by mepals » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi

I do not have a birth certificate so i am thinking of using my indian driving license as a proof. However my license is quite old, around 10 years, and its made from a small town that time. It's a small booklet kind of license and I am not sure if homeoffice can accept it. Could you please advice.

Also if i attach a notarized copy of my passport as an exceptional evidence, so would they only look at the expectional evidence (ignoring the license) or would it be their second prefernece if they do not find license to be valid?

Thanks.

gordon

Post by gordon » Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:38 pm

They would only look at the passport if there were exceptional cause to do so; ie you had explained why you could not provide either the birth certificate or the driving licence. Presumably the Indian driving licence is still valid, though old ?
AG

Ritz123

Post by Ritz123 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:32 am

Hi mepals,

Mandatory proof for age:
-----------------------------

Drivers Licence should be valid for use(it does not matter it is old)

Exceptional Evidence for age:
-----------------------------------
Passport copies notorized

They will look at the mandatory proof first, but only if legitimate reasons prevail they will look at the exceptional evidence.

Thanks and Regards

Ritz123

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:32 am

You will need to provide a convincing reason as to why you can not provide the birth certificate. Only then you can be considered under the exceptional criteria.

It is therefore advisable that you take the pains of getting your "Birth Certificate" - you will atleast be spared of "post application submission anxiety syndrom" & a potential denial.

It is relatively easy these days to get the Birth Certificate (I got mine made within a day - that too from a small town council)

As far as your driving license is considered, these days you can get a new one (which is a laminated card style) made in a days time at the local transport office. Give it a shot.

Best Regards,

push_hsmp

hav_2_get_hsmp

Post by hav_2_get_hsmp » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:56 pm

If it helps....

I had submitted my

1. Indian Driving license ( which is a booklet and is pretty old)
2. notorized copy of my passport.

I have no idea which of the above did the case worker consider but I have got my approval.