ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Filipino Dependants - Advice Sought

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Paragtim
Newly Registered

Filipino Dependants - Advice Sought

Post by Paragtim » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any information.

I have a Filipino wife who is resident in the UK with ILR (Soon to do citizenship). See entered the UK from Cyprus where she was OFW. We have 4 children (From her previous marriage) and have managed to get entry clearance for the 2 youngest after a 2 year battle. We applied for the oldest to join us (19 & 22) at the same time but the entry clearance was refused on the grounds that they are over 18. This was appealed by we lost the appeal for the same reasons.

With all of the experience of the board members, can someone suggest a new route to re-unite the family in the UK? I look forward to hearing your replies

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Filipino Dependants - Advice Sought

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Paragtim wrote:Hi All,

Thanks in advance for any information.

I have a Filipino wife who is resident in the UK with ILR (Soon to do citizenship). See entered the UK from Cyprus where she was OFW. We have 4 children (From her previous marriage) and have managed to get entry clearance for the 2 youngest after a 2 year battle. We applied for the oldest to join us (19 & 22) at the same time but the entry clearance was refused on the grounds that they are over 18. This was appealed by we lost the appeal for the same reasons.

With all of the experience of the board members, can someone suggest a new route to re-unite the family in the UK? I look forward to hearing your replies
Seems pretty clear mate, the UK immigration laws consider a person over 18 as an adult so if they want to gain EC to UK they have to on their own merits which means, marraige to UK Cit, student visa, HSMP or work Permit.

Unless they are wholly dependant on you and ur wife, and i mean wholly, ie no family back home, no money except what you give them, there's a chance then. And making them so now won't work.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:38 pm

How old are the kids now? And what are they doing (married, studying, etc)? Under EEA regulations, you could potentially reunite the family. I state "potentially" for two reasons;
1. Depends on their circumstances - they need to be dependent on you and their mother - this means financial support, etc. If they have a family of their own, the EEA permit won't be possible. Other criteria to be met (search for rules on the EEA permit).
2. You can only use the EEA permit in another EEA country. (unless you hold another EEA nationality - like Irish, Dutch, etc?) This means you can 'reunite' in France, Germany, Ireland, Iceland or wherever, but not in the UK! Unless you happen to be Irish?

I know that the UK would allow entry in the most compassionate circumstances, but it is something like if they lived in a civil-war area (then you can ask them to consider their circumstance) or if they were disabled, etc. You can see if you can sponsor them some other way - as students, for example. This wouldn't give them ILR - not at all, but if, say, they studied here, then they can try to get an employer to sponsor them for a work permit, or they can apply for HSMP if they are highly skilled.

Firstly write a bit more about them (age, current status). How old are the other two kids, and are they now BCs? Unfortunately, the easiest way would be the EEA route, but it means leaving the UK (obviously after all family in the UK are naturalised), but I must stress that it is dependent on their current situation.