ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent - How to reapply again

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naveenrana
Newly Registered

Urgent - How to reapply again

Post by Naveenrana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:43 pm

HI Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have few queries to clarify about my Tier 2 ICT visa please advise me with your answers. Recently, I was in UK on a business visa for 6 months after which my company agreed to sponsor me for Short term ICT which is for a year staring from this month (16th) but while filling in the application I have made a idiotic typo mistake (instead of 2014 I have typed in 2015). Due to this UK embassy in Delhi as asked me to withdraw my application (which I have already done) rather than it getting rejected which I have done and also a new COS is already been generated by the company but my question is do I have to make a new application or can I use the same ans just amend, if amending it then do I have to pay any fee again. Also is there any estimates time on how much this would take. Please advise me on all these steps asap.

Thank you all in advance.

Naveen Rana.

Naveenrana
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent - How to reapply again

Post by Naveenrana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi Guys,

Can some one please guide me on this asap. I can understand that this is not very serious matter but a simple advise would be very much appreciated.

Thank you again.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:38 pm

Logically, I'd say you might need to reapply again as there is a new COS being used.
But I am not absolutely certain about this. Sorry!

Naveenrana
Newly Registered

Post by Naveenrana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Friend,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, even I think so but there are 2 COS's issued for my visa in which one is already been used and other one is unused but my question is there any way I can use the second COS and make a request for a change/amend to withdrawn application.

I know does make sense to make amendments to an withdrawn application but I am only trying to save some time and money. This process has already killed a months time.

Also is there any way to have a fast track service for ICT visa applications.

I hope I make sense.

Thank you.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Post by moonlight55 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

Ideally, if you withdraw your application before it's processed, you should get the fee refunded. In that case, you can re-apply again.

What did the embassy say about refund when they asked you to withdraw the application? Btw, was is embassy OR VFS folks who suggested you withdraw the application?

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:19 pm

That is a good question from moonlight55.

if it was VFS, then your application was still at an early stage for you to amend I believe.

Naveenrana
Newly Registered

Post by Naveenrana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi,

Yes, you are right it was VFS not the UK Embassy. They didn't really mention about the refund or anything else, just suggested to withdraw as dates were to early to apply. Is it a good idea to ask them if they can reconsider the new application without sending back my documents.

Thank you.

Naveen Rana.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 pm

I think if it was the VFS then you do stand a chance. I am really not sure if they can refund the payment, why dont you ask them? They are pretty good with their customer service. The best thing would be to make a new application in my opinion.

Naveenrana
Newly Registered

Post by Naveenrana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you all once again.

As said I shall call them tomorrow first in the morning to get this sorted.

Kind regards,

Naveen Rana.