ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application using two different post offices

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

friday

passport application using two different post offices

Post by friday » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Hi,

I attempted to apply for a British passport from a local post office, but the officer insisted that I should include grandparents details. I explained to him that it will be difficult to obtain these details and that it would require more than month. However, he refused so I asked to withdraw my application. He issued a receipt saying that my application is missing grandparents details. I was charged for checking service only.

I went immediately to a nearby (another) branch, and my application was accepted without any question (they did not ask for grandparent details). I was issued a receipt for check and send.

As the first post office issued a receipt highlighting a missing details, I am concerned that this receipt will reach Her Majesty's passport office and accordingly they will receive conflicting information? or maybe they become alarmed to these missing details. Do you think that the first receipt May you please let me know what you think.

Thank you in advance

ban.s

Re: passport application using two different post offices

Post by ban.s » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:47 pm

the first PO has justed checked your application. They haven't sent anything to anyone.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:12 pm

Thank you ban.s for reading my case.

I agree that the PO did not send my application. But they are keeping a copy of the receipt that highlighted the missing information. Would they send all these receipts to Her Majesty's passport office?

I hope that my long journey to the passport will not be disrupted because of this reason.

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Seems like another post office not having any clue about what they are doing. Been there and will not be using check and send again.
If you are are satisfied your application is good then I wouldn't worry about it.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:34 pm

akhurshid: I am satisfied that my application is good.

But I am worried that if her Majesty's passport office saw different post office receipts: first one is for check and showing missing information , while the second one is for check and send. Assuming this would happen, I feel that would be due to a fault from the post office side?

akhurshid
United Kingdom

Post by akhurshid » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:37 pm

friday wrote:akhurshid: I am satisfied that my application is good.

But I am worried that if her Majesty's passport office saw different post office receipts: first one is for check and showing missing information , while the second one is for check and send. Assuming this would happen, I feel that would be due to a fault from the post office side?
I am not sure if that information will be passed onto HMPO or not. Even if it is passed on to them logically they should check your application and get back to you if there is any issues. I wouldn't worry about it bud

t123456789

Post by t123456789 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:59 pm

The only thing you should be worried about is how to get your money back from the 1st post office. If you get your passport without a request for further information (which you should based on what you're saying) you should complain and ask for a refund.

friday

Post by friday » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:04 pm

akhurshid: thank you for your kind support. Lets hope all will go well.

t12345678: I do not mind the money lost. I just do not want the 1st post office to interfere with my passport application (possibly via forwarding the receipt to HMPO to indicate missing information). But it seems that,as advised by other members here, this is unlikely.

Amway, at least they charged me ~£8 for checking, and not the full amount ~£85.

Thanks.

Double V

Post by Double V » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:34 pm

Keep us informed of the outcome. :)

And good luck.
And no need to worry.