ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I bring the Mother?

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simmy23
Newly Registered

Can I bring the Mother?

Post by simmy23 » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:21 pm

Hello, 1st time poster...
My partner and I both qualify (under the points system) of PR in Canada. I would like to apply but we would need to bring my Mother who is a widow and in her seventies.

How could i do this? I considered family sponsorship as she has a sister who is PR in Canada since the 50's. Is there an age limit on sponsors and sponsored?

Applying anyway and once landing apply to bring her in on family sponsorship (no guarantees on her acceptance-meaning she would be stranded in UK on her own)

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated

Snowball
Newly Registered

Post by Snowball » Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:20 pm

When you and your partner are permanent residents you can 'apply to sponsor a family member'. When this approval is given for you to be sponsors, you then apply to sponsor your mother.

The timescales in this are probably prohibitive - around 5-year wait for you and your partner if going down skilled worker route, then another two years or so to complete the two parts of family sponsorship 1) gaining approval to sponsor and 2) sponsoring your mother.

Probably quicker to get her sister to sponsor her when you are about three years into the process.

Don't think there is an age limit. She will need to pass the medical though