ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 student visa-urgent help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nisha rani
Newly Registered

Tier 4 student visa-urgent help

Post by nisha rani » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi All,
Can any one help me?

I am on PSW till 31/08/2014. My employer is willing to sponsor me and they applied for sponsor licence. My visa was expired that y I applied for sponsor visa without COS assuming that my employer will definitely get the licence. I tried for other sponsor as well but they are not ready to sponsor me bz already I made an application. Now, I have only one option that is student visa. I have an unconditional offer from the university. Can I definitely get the CAS from the university?? what are chance to get the visa ????

Is there any other way to extend my stay??

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Tier 4 student visa-urgent help

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:43 pm

Did you apply for your tier 2 visa before your tier 1 expired?

nisha rani
Newly Registered

Post by nisha rani » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:10 pm

Hi Frontier Mole,

ya I applied for tier2 visa before my tier1 expiry date.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:31 pm

Two questions to help me work out your position.

Has your prospective sponsor received a licence?
Did you explain in your tier2 application that you are waiting for a COS as your employer is applying for a licence?

nisha rani
Newly Registered

Post by nisha rani » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:51 am

Hi,

My employer applied for licence but it got refused. They said that my employer unable to provide genuine employment but still my visa application is with the home office. Can we apply for student visa. I have an offer from one university the coming January intake. Can we apply for student visa now.

Thank You
Nisha Rani

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:09 am

The rules as they stand say you can't apply for a student visa if the course date is more than 28 days after the expiry of your visa.
You could sit it out and wait and see how long it takes for your tier 2 to get refused and if that takes you upto a date that is less than 28 days before the course start date you can apply.

nisha rani
Newly Registered

Post by nisha rani » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:30 am

Hi,

I heard that if we are within the country we can apply for student visa before 3 months of course start date. is that clear?
Can I apply for student visa now within the country/ I have to go back to home country and apply for visa?

2. My husband is in UK since Jan 2007 Till Nov 2010 he is main applicant now is he my dependent(from 2010-till date) now. His total stay with in UK is almost 7.9 years. Is he eligible for FLRo?

Can you please help us?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:02 am

A CAS is valid for three months.
If you have current valid leave up to the point no later then 28 days before the new course start date you can apply.
The rule stops time shifting where students try to stay in the UK by applying for courses well beyond their current visa expiry dates.
So you can't apply for a new visa starting in January at this time.

FLR(O) there is no time that is appropriate. It is the catch all visa where there is no where else to go. It will be refused unless there is some exceptional reason for him to stay.

nisha rani
Newly Registered

Post by nisha rani » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:19 am

If my tier 2 application is with the home office in next couple of months. My PSW expired on 31/08/2014 (we applied for tier2 before that).can we apply for student visa within the country or not?

For FLRO what are exceptional reason we can give to homeoffice. Is there any guidelines?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:43 am

If UKVI refuse your tier 2 visa before early December you can not apply in country for an early January course start date.

As for exceptional reasons FLR(O) - there is no guidance on what is and is not. As I said you will get refused especially as there is clearly not an exceptional reason to remain.

Mamunurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by Mamunurrahman » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:39 pm

Dear Sir,

I have got UK student visa refusal today.I have got 40 points but they think that i am not a genuine student. I am really upset now. I wanna get your help. I am forwarding to hearing your advice.

ECO comment:

Your CA8 states that you will study for an Access to Higher Education Diploma (Computing)
Level 3 at Uxbridge College. On 06/11/2014 you were interviewed at the Dhaka VAC (via VTC).
Paragraph 245ZV(k) of the Immigration Rules states that the Entry Clearance Officer must be
satisfied that the applicant is a genuine student. I am not satisfied that you meet the
requirements of Paragraph 245ZV(k) for the following reasons:

e I note that you last studied for a Diploma in Engineering and Computer Technology in 2012.
When asked what you have been doing since 2012 you stated that you have been helping out
with your father’s business. When asked why you wished to resume your studies now you
stated that education was very important and that you wanted to be successful. If education is
so important to you it is unclear why you have not pursued any further studies before now.
You stated that you were working for your father’s business and that you supported the
business for a year while he was sick. However, this does not explain why you did not pursue
any further studies or undertake relevant work experience in your field of interest. This leads
me to doubt your underlying intentions and reasons for studying in the UK.

a You were asked about your study options in Bangladesh. You stated that you had researched
the options in Bangladesh, but preferred to study in the UK because the education system is
more practical and the colleges are world class and highly recognised. When asked to list the
practical components of your course you stated that there will be presentations, assignments.
group studies, lectures and exams. I am not satisfied that you have demonstrated that
courses of this kind are not available in Bangladesh. I am also not satisfied that you have
demonstrated that you could not gain a good education and pursue a career with an
education from Bangladesh. You stated that you chose Uxbridge College because it is
Government funded with a grade 1 rating, reasonable tuition fees, good facilities and course
provision. I find your response generic and vague; the factors you have noted apply to many
other colleges in the UK. I am not satisfied that you have provided full and robust reasons for
choosing Uxbridge. When asked if you had researched other colleges or universities in the
UK you said that you looked at Imperial College. However, when pressed on this you said ‘not
really’. I do not find it credible that someone genuinely intending to spend more than a year of
their life studying in the UK and a significant proportion of funds would not have conducted
more research into the course or other colleges available in Bangladesh and the UK. In light
of the above, I am not satisfied that you are a genuine student.

o All ofthe above factors lead me to doubt your intentions in the UK, and I am not satisfied that
you are going to the UK with the intention of being a genuine student. I am therefore not
satisfied that you meet the requirements of Paragraph 245ZV(k) of the Immigration Rules

Given the above, I have refused your visa application on this occasion because I am not satisfied
that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 245ZV of the Immigration Rules.

Administrative Review

If you believe that the decision made by the Entry Clearance Officer was Incorrect you may apply
for an Administrative Review of your case. You may request one Administrative Review of this
decision.

Enclosed is a copy of the Administrative Review request notice and guidance on the Administrative
Review process. This request notice and further guidance can also be downloaded from

. . water’