ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (Extension) - SOC Code

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (Extension) - SOC Code

Post by testdriveuser » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello,

I was last granted leave as Tier 2 using SOC 3131 - Job Title 'Network Support Administarator' and have been working with the same company.

I will be applying for my extension and my responsibilities are more or less the same with few addition and my job title is now 'Senior Network Administrator'. I will be using 3131 as the most matching SOC.

Please can you confirm, if RLMT is required for extension?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 (Extension) - SOC Code

Post by manci » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:35 pm

if the SOC code doesn't change RLMT is not required for extension applications. However, the sponsor, not you, has to choose the most appropriate code.

The skill level for job SOC code 3131 is NQF level 4 and you can only get leave to remain if your initial T2G leave was granted under the rules before 14 June 2012.

testdriveuser
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 (Extension) - SOC Code

Post by testdriveuser » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Thank you Manci. I am on Tier 2 before Jun '12

Can I please confirm, one other details

I am applying for extension with my wife as my dependent. My wife joined me as my dependent after we got married last year and provided evidence at the time of her application that her name was changed. In her application form, there is question I can see
Question.jpg
Question.jpg (65.5 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Do I need to say 'Yes' to this Question or No? Is it still referring to maiden name change to married name?

Thank you