ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Time lag between MN1 naturalisation and British passport app

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ykum
Newly Registered

Time lag between MN1 naturalisation and British passport app

Post by ykum » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:57 pm

Hi
As our child need to be away during MN1 application process, I wanted to find how much time maximum we will have between recieving Naturalisation certificate and applying for British passport. In this case child need not have to attend the oath taking ceremony

Many thanks

fwd079
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Time lag between MN1 naturalisation and British passport

Post by fwd079 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:16 pm

ykum wrote:Hi
As our child need to be away during MN1 application process, I wanted to find how much time maximum we will have between recieving Naturalisation certificate and applying for British passport. In this case child need not have to attend the oath taking ceremony

Many thanks
Naturalisation and passport are two different things. One grants you citizenship and other is a travel document you use while travelling.
You just need to attend ceremony if adult, otherwise you can take as long as you like to apply for passport.

I hope I made sense, seniors can correct me.
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.