ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa expiring but Dependent is pregnant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

toliamit
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa expiring but Dependent is pregnant

Post by toliamit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi Team,

Currently I am in UK deputed by my employer and I hold a tier 2 ICT long term visa. My tier 2 ICT along with my dependent's visa got extended 6 months back and the same is expiring in January 2015.

However my wife is expecting now and she would be in her 6th month of pregnancy by Dec end 2014. The doctors are advising that she should not travel for long time in flight as this would be too risky. In this situation if my visa is expiring and if my wife is advised not to travel, I wanted to know if there is a way by which my visa can be extended by my employer till her delivery post which we would fly back to India?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mit Tolia

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 ICT Long Term Visa expiring but Dependent is preg

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Do she have a particular or abnormal condition? Otherwise, to suggest that a 6 month gestation can't fly is absurd. The only bar on flying in normal gestations is placed by the airline itself, and this varies between 28 and 36 weeks. 36 is the cap, but flying after 28 up to 36 is okay with a doctor's letter.

toliamit
Newly Registered

Post by toliamit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi,

Yes she does have severe back pains. The doctors have referred her for physiotherapy sessions as well; however since she is not even able to undertake a normal bus journey at the moment, I am a bit worried and tensed.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:17 pm

There is no individual class of visa extension for her, given that she could simply leave now and avoid the problem that has already been predicted. So why can't she simply leave sooner rather than later? Otherwise, you can ask your employer to extend your leave and extend hers on that basis. Not to put too fine a point on things, I think to simply do nothing (take no action), well in advance of an event you already know about, will give the impression you are manoeuvring in order to avail yourselves of NHS services and advantageous rights granted in a UK birth.

toliamit
Newly Registered

Post by toliamit » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:47 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. To be honest, that is what we are aiming for. I am trying to check with the doctors if we can move back earlier than my last day in UK to avoid this problem/risk. I just wanted to check if there is any option in worst case if her condition does not get better.

I would really want to go back where my family could take care of her rather than just the 2 of us staying away from family.

Thanks and Regards,

Mit