ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application for UK Born baby with parents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sensek
Newly Registered

ILR Application for UK Born baby with parents

Post by sensek » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:21 pm

Hi,
I'm currently working in UK on Tier 2 General Visa, I'm applying my ILR application in Jan 2015 (completeing 5 years). My daughter who was born in UK in Feb 2014 doesn't have any valid visa and I already got her Indian Passport.

My employer is sponsoring ILR application including new born child, but my Visa team is suggesting that she needs to get her Tier2 (dependent) visa before they include her part of my ILR application.

Although she is eligible for British Citizenship after my ILR approval, I'm not going that route because I have to travel outside the country with my family in February (I understood from forum that it will take nearly 4+ months to register and get British passport for the child).

Can you please answer is that right that I need to apply Tier2 (dep) visa for the child to be included as part of my ILR application.

Thanks.

fielddrive
United Kingdom

Re: ILR Application for UK Born baby with parents

Post by fielddrive » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:56 pm

you don't need to include your child for ILR application, however, she could have trouble coming back to the UK from your trip overseas.

you could apply for MN1 after your own ILR but that takes generally between 3-5 months currently from application to passport. applying tier 2 dep visa could become more complicated as it could involve complying with unnecesary tier 2 dep conditions.

sensek
Newly Registered

Post by sensek » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:42 pm

Thanks for your reply. So, I understand from your response that for immediate travel it's better to include her in my ILR application instead of applying Tier2 and TIer2 dependent visa is not must for her to be included in my ILR application.

I can apply BC registration and passport for her once I come back from holiday.

Pls advice.

Thanks.

vicky.h
Newly Registered

Post by vicky.h » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi I was just applying for the returns of document form as I need them urgently I have applied for my daughter's MN1 she currently holds a tier 2 dependent visa(valid till december 2015) and we are on ILR .
It says following
"if I am the main applicant or another applicant and I am subject to immigration control (i.e. not settled or an EEA national or the family member of an EEA national) and I have requested my travel document for identity purposes I understand that if I use those documents to travel outside the UK, Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man my application may be refused, voided or withdrawn and the fee will not be refunded. I may also be unable to re-enter the UK"

Does that means if I travel with my daughter to India with her Tier 2 biometric card she will be refused entry and her application will be withdrawn.