ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr cohabitation docs - help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

beaver123
Newly Registered

ilr cohabitation docs - help

Post by beaver123 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:24 pm

hi all,
My wife was in the process of preparing for applying for ILR as her visa expires in January and while reading through the form I noticed the stuff about the proof of cohabitatation. The problem is that she is a home maker and since we live with my parents she hardly has any letters addressed to her (and none addressed to the both of us) as we live rent free.

I have enough letters in my name for proof, but she doesnt. All she has is a few letters from our gp and some from appointments to the hospitial that can account for the past year. There is the possibility of us opening a joint bank account and getting a statement if that helps. Unfortunately we didnt know about the proof of cohabitation otherwise we would have taken the appropriate steps.

The thing is, we didnt need to apply for the things that she could use as proofs of cohabitaion in our day-to-day lives and thus it never occurred to us to do this.

Would it be better to apply for an extension instead? We would rather get the whole visa issue out the way but appreciate we are in a pickle.

Any sugestions are welcome

Thanks guys

pelen23

Re: ilr cohabitation docs - help

Post by pelen23 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:20 pm

It would be a better idea to list what she has received the for two years so we can try to advice you whether they would work or not . Since you have two months to apply for ilr ,I would try to put her on some my of my bill