ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning back to the UK and applying for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ftse100

Returning back to the UK and applying for spouse visa

Post by ftse100 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:12 am

Dear Members

Please correct me if I am posting this query on the wrong section. This forum has helped me a lot in the past at different instances and hope it will help me resolve my query this time as well. I would like to thank in advance for the advice i will get from here.

I am a British citizen and returned back to the UK from Pakistan after almost 20 months of stay. The stay was due to my mother's illness and other family problems. During this stay I got married in Pakistan just 2 months back. I left UK in February 2013 and returned in the last Week of October 2014. Before going to Pakistan I was in employment at PAYE. Now as I have been absent from UK for almost 20 months, I am not sure how to start my proceedings with the Visa application of my spouse from Pakistan. As far as I know it needs a minimum of 18,600 GBP per annum gross to show as my earnings as a main requirement and other requirements like bank statements for last six months and tax paid on the earnings, tenancy agreement and property report etc. etc.
My question is how long do I have to wait for before filing my application for a spouse visa?
how this stay will affect my residency status for both tax purposes and other purposes?

I would appreciate your help on this

Regards

A A

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Returning back to the UK and applying for spouse visa

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:55 am

You need at least 6 months of employment earning the equivalent of £18,600 per annum unless you have substantial savings. I don't think anyone will be able to answer your question about tax and other implications of your stay outside of the UK as it's too broad.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.