ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/ Fiance Visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Blessings2014
Newly Registered

Spouse/ Fiance Visa application

Post by Blessings2014 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:47 pm

Dear Forum,

I hope you are all keeping well. I will highly appreciate any advice or pointers given to guide me further on spouse visa application.
I am a British citizen. I want to invite my fiancé here in the UK. We are planning to get married by the end of next year. I want to know the best visa application to make and please advise what I need to submit. My view is for him to be here in April 2015 in order for us to plan our wedding together.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Spouse/ Fiance Visa application

Post by Wanderer » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Blessings2014 wrote:Dear Forum,

I hope you are all keeping well. I will highly appreciate any advice or pointers given to guide me further on spouse visa application.
I am a British citizen. I want to invite my fiancé here in the UK. We are planning to get married by the end of next year. I want to know the best visa application to make and please advise what I need to submit. My view is for him to be here in April 2015 in order for us to plan our wedding together.

Fiance visa, must you must marry within 6 months and and you must pass the earning test (earn at least £18,600 pa).
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Have you met in person?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Blessings2014
Newly Registered

Post by Blessings2014 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:47 am

Hello Thank you for the reply. I can confirm that I am earning more than £28 000 p.a and we have met. Which is the best application.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:21 am

It's not a case of which is best; it's which is appropriate. If you are already married, the spouse; if you are not already married, the fiancee. Simply as that! You have said you want to marry in the UK, so, obviously, the fiancee visa is appropriate in your circumstances.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:39 pm

If you don't plan to marry until the end of next year then you can't apply for a fiance visa until a maximum of 6 months prior to then.
Your only other option would be a visitor's visa.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:31 pm

Bear in mind you can't switch from a visitor visa to spouse settlement from within the UK. Also unless your fiancee can submit strong evidence of reasons to return to her home country without overstaying her visitor visa, an application is unlikely to succeed. Especially with you, her fiance resident in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.