ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

return of documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

return of documents

Post by gbhsmp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 pm

I am INDIAN.

Can some one who had gone through this procedure of naturalisation and british passport please tell me

1. When you send the BRP and current INDIAN passport for British passport do you get back the BRP with the original documents ?
2. When you submit the current INDIAN passport for cancellation, do they give back the cancelled INDIAN passport

pelen23

Re: return of documents

Post by pelen23 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:08 pm

gbhsmp wrote:I am INDIAN.

Can some one who had gone through this procedure of naturalisation and british passport please tell me

1. When you send the BRP and current INDIAN passport for British passport do you get back the BRP with the original documents ?
2. When you submit the current INDIAN passport for cancellation, do they give back the cancelled INDIAN passport
1. If you use Nationality Checking Service , you don't need to send your passport and BRP. They photocopy the relevant documents and give you the originals back to you.
2. What do you mean by cancelling the current indian passport? Do you mean when you apply for a british passport?

gbhsmp
United Kingdom

Post by gbhsmp » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:47 am

Hi,

Yes I was talking about British passport and not naturalisation.
The HM passport office insists that the original passport and BRP needs to be sent !

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:59 am

You don't send your BRP for passport applications, it is an irrelevant item.

You only need your Indian passport and your naturalisation certificate and photos.

Suggest you check with the Indian Embassy about the process for your Indian passport and have a read through this thread

http://www.immigrationboards.com/other-countries/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.