ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependent to student visa: rejection, what next?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jr0987123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependent to student visa: rejection, what next?

Post by jr0987123 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:10 am

Hello,

I am on Tier 2 (general) visa and in UK with my wife. My wife was on Tier 2 dependent visa. She started a full time course and we decided to move her on Tier 4 student visa (Now I am aware that she could have studied full time on dependent visa, but had no info about it then). Her student visa application was refused as we showed maintenance funds in my account and not her. So what next:

1. She is still in a 28 day period of expiry of her previous dependent visa.
2. We cant put money on her account now for appeal as the money should be in account for 28 days. She has money in fixed deposit, which can be dissolved at any time. Would this be an acceptable evidence?
3. To apply again for a dependent visa, do we need money in my account or hers? I think money should be in my account, but want to confirm it.

Thanks.

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 2 dependent to student visa: rejection, what next?

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:24 am

As a dependant, she is able to show maintenance in your account.

vinny

Re: Tier 2 dependent to student visa: rejection, what next?

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:18 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.