ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa for new Born

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Dependent Visa for new Born

Post by masiddiq06 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:14 pm

Hi Everybody,

I want to apply for visa for my newborn son. I am submitting the following documents with the application form;

1 Baby's Passport
2 baby photo
3 UK Birth certificate
4 Three month bank statement showing balance of £630 each month & 3 month pay slip
5 Copy of parents passport main pages
6 Copies Parents's BRP

Can you please help me on these questions as I am bit confused;

1- Do i need to send original passports and BRP for parents or copies will be sufficient
2- Is £630.00 maintenance fund in enough to apply for visa as I already got the visa and i am only applying for my son.

3. If i apply for my son leave to remain now. Will He can go for citizenship after I got ILR or will he needs to get ILR with me as he has applied for leave to remain now.

If there is any other documents i need to send with application, please do let me know please.

I will really appreciate for your help gurus.

Many thanks,

Asif

vinny

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent Visa for new Born

Post by vinny » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:33 pm

Do you have travel plans?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:36 pm

Hi Vinny,

Yes i am planning to travel in Jan 2015.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:46 am

Hi Everyone, Please help me. Your comments will be very useful information for me.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:58 am

When is your ILR due? The reason I am asking this question is, because you can save some money if you are not planning to travel. I had my baby in Oct'12 when I was on Tier 1, but was due for ILR in Aug'13, so dropped the plan of traveling and applied registration using MN(1) for my child as british citizen as soon as I received my ILR. Also for proof of maintenance of funds, you need to show in addition £945 along with dependent funds of £630.

please check this
https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-general/family-members

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:51 am

My ILR is due in June 2016 so that's why I m applying for my son leave to remain. I hope it wont affect him applying for British citizenship through MN (1).

Regarding maintenance, I thought main applicant only need to show £945.00 plus £630 for each dependent if they are applying together. If only dependent is applying then it will be £630.00. Am I right?

Many thanks in advance for your comments.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:07 pm

I really need your help guys/gurus so I can plan the best route.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Guys, please do let me know the requirement for maintenance funds please, so I can manage the right funds for Visa.

joshua77
Newly Registered

Post by joshua77 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:19 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:When is your ILR due? The reason I am asking this question is, because you can save some money if you are not planning to travel. I had my baby in Oct'12 when I was on Tier 1, but was due for ILR in Aug'13, so dropped the plan of traveling and applied registration using MN(1) for my child as british citizen as soon as I received my ILR. Also for proof of maintenance of funds, you need to show in addition £945 along with dependent funds of £630.

please check this
Hello sonubualt, could you please confirm few things for me as I am in similar situation? We are expecting our first baby to be born on 1st week of dec this year, and our ILR application is due on 15 Jan 15. I am wondering should I ignore my child in the ILR application, or
should I mention? If i choose to ignore, can I still take her with me to the PEO?
Thanks

iubus2005
United Kingdom

Post by iubus2005 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:44 pm

masiddiq06 wrote:Guys, please do let me know the requirement for maintenance funds please, so I can manage the right funds for Visa.
Masiddiq06, you will need to show funds enough to cover you, plus all other dependents (I assume that you have your spouse also as dependent). So if you, plus spouse plus baby (assuming you have been here 12 months plus) you may need 945+630+630

Cheers.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Post by sonub4ualt » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:11 am

joshua77 wrote:
sonub4ualt wrote:When is your ILR due? The reason I am asking this question is, because you can save some money if you are not planning to travel. I had my baby in Oct'12 when I was on Tier 1, but was due for ILR in Aug'13, so dropped the plan of traveling and applied registration using MN(1) for my child as british citizen as soon as I received my ILR. Also for proof of maintenance of funds, you need to show in addition £945 along with dependent funds of £630.

please check this
Hello sonubualt, could you please confirm few things for me as I am in similar situation? We are expecting our first baby to be born on 1st week of dec this year, and our ILR application is due on 15 Jan 15. I am wondering should I ignore my child in the ILR application, or
should I mention? If i choose to ignore, can I still take her with me to the PEO?
Thanks
Hi Joshua77,

You can accompany your child to the PEO for your ILR, no questions will be asked. I took my son to the PEO when I was applying for my ILR and the lady knew, I will be applying for MN(1) for my child born here. Do not apply for her ILR unless you have any travel plans, as she can be registered as british citizen under MN(1) if born in UK once you get your ILR.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Hi All,

Just to confirm, I email Home Office/UKBA regarding the correct maintenance funds and they have responded as follows,

If you have been in the UK for more than 12 months, you must have £630 for your son. There is no need to have £945.00 for main applicant as you are not applying with dependent.

I also called their help line to confirm and they gave me the same answer.

I am applying on that basis and hopefully £630.00 will be enough to cover maintenance funds.

Thanks,

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:47 pm

Ask them to consider child's application under 304-309 instead of 319H. There is no maintance funds requirement for the former. Moreover, clearly, 319H(c) fails.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

masiddiq06
Newly Registered

Post by masiddiq06 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:18 am

Hi Vinny,

Your answer made a bit confused. Why I will fail 319H(C). I already have leave under tier 1 general until June 2016 so only applying for my Baby and I think £630.00 in bank account for 90 days will be enough for maintenance funds criteria.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:56 am

319H wrote:(c) The applicant must be under the age of 18 on the date the application is made, or if over 18 and applying for leave to remain, must have, or have last been granted, leave as the child of a Relevant Points Based System Migrant or as the child of the parent who had leave under another category of these Rules and who has since been granted, or, is at the same time being granted, leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant.
A UK-born child, who has never applied for leave, doesn't have leave. So, said child, who is applying for leave to remain, cannot satisfy 319H(c). However, the UKVI like to ignore this and force PBS parents to make an application for their UK-born child under 319H. The requirements and conditions attached to 319H are more restrictive than the more appropriate rules available for a UK-born child, namely, 304-309.