ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renounce British citizenship for applying non EU spouse eea2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Greener1
Newly Registered

Renounce British citizenship for applying non EU spouse eea2

Post by Greener1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Hello, my husband is from N.Ireland and hold both British/ Irish passports, and we just sent his application forms of recouncing British citizenship about 4 weeks ago and HO took 144pound from his bank account also sent us a COA letter.

Im here for getting more information about how long does renounce British citizenship generaly take?
My UK family visitting visa gonna run out in January, we plan to apply me EEA2 before my visa run out if we be able to get his declaration of renunciation.

Many thanks.

el patron
Member of Standing

Re: Renounce British citizenship for applying non EU spouse

Post by el patron » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:44 pm

Currently takes around 14 weeks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:50 pm

why cant you and your husband move closer to a border town and then you apply for an Irish Residence Card, on the basis that you are residing in the republic, but your husband works in Northern Ireland.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Greener1
Newly Registered

Post by Greener1 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Obie wrote:why cant you and your husband move closer to a border town and then you apply for an Irish Residence Card, on the basis that you are residing in the republic, but your husband works in Northern Ireland.
Hello,
Thanks for your quick reply, yah, moving to the republic would be one of our plans if we wont get his declaration of renunciation before my visa run out, then we will have to back to my home country and apply visas for coming to UK/ Ireland - the republic, but Im pregnant and theres one more thing we are not sure is does the republic of Ireland have free health care if me hold a Irish spouse visa and both of us live in republic of Ireland and my husband he works in the North?

Looking forward to hear from you and thanks again.:)