ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration for Parents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

faisall
Newly Registered

Immigration for Parents

Post by faisall » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi

I am British national and live in the UK with my wife and 2 kids in a 3 bedroom house. I am in a full time employment and we do not claim any benefits (other than child allowance) My parents live in Pakistan and they both are above 65 years and need taking care of.
My kids has not started school yet, so me and my Mrs take turns to travel to Pakistan to stay with my parents i only go there for 4 weeks every year. but my wife and kids stay for few months every year

But this is going to change now since my daughter will be starting school soon and we will not be able to stay longer with my parents
I do not have any siblings or immediate family member in Pakistan who can stay with my parents permanently. so the only option is for us to move to Pakistan or try to get a longer visa for my parents to live here with us. they already have a multiple visit visa, but due to age traveling after every few months is a problem for them

Is there a possibility or a legal way to apply for my parents to live here with us permanently? and do you know of any good Visa firm who can take further our application for my parents settlement

Please Advise

Regards
Faz

vinny

Re: Immigration for Parents

Post by vinny » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:49 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Unless they need daily help with washing, dressing and feeding etc, under the new Rules it would be virtually impossible to succeed in an elderly dependent visa. You would also have to prove that the care would not be available or affordable in Pakistan. As you would be guaranteeing that you could afford to support their care here financially, the Entry Officer would take the view that you would be able to pay for it in Pakistan where the cost would be less. I believe that official statistics show that only four applications were successful 2013 and these may have been where the costs of care in the applicant's home country was higher than the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

WBP
Newly Registered

Post by WBP » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:11 am

The current govt. has removed the appeal process for visitor visa and that is the problem. Because if Adult Dependent Relative visa is refused, it is almost impossible to get the visitor visa; so if your parents are currently visiting you for 6 months a year that also they won't be able to do and visitor visa refusal cannot be challenged in court anymore so it has become too risky to apply for Adult Dependent Relative visa.