ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please advice on next step!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cdraina

Please advice on next step!

Post by cdraina » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:17 am

Hi,

My timelines:

Application Submitted: 4th July
Application reached HO: 9th July
Fee debited: 10th July
Got Reference Number and Payment confirmation: 11th July
Sent additional documents: 23rd July
Assigned to caseworker: 25th July
Additional documents reached HO: 26th July

I called HO today. The representative informed me that the case-worker is waiting for my additional documents. As mentioned above, the additional documents reached HO on 26th July. The representative mentioned that she has no information if the additional documents have been linked to the application.

Then I requested her to connect to the case worker. She gently denied the request and suggested me to wait for a few WEEKS.

Most people around my timeline have got their decisions, and I am pretty nervous now. Experienced folks, please suggest, what should be my next step?

Cheers!
CD

ikon1400

Post by ikon1400 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:35 am

hi CD,

Nothing to panic here. Since your docs reached on 26th and 27th being a friday you cannot expect a big progress in your aplication by yesterday. You try callig them today and find atleast if the additional docs are linked to your application. hope they will inform you about this.

Cheers
ikon

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:18 am

Thanks ikon!

will try calling them today.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:50 pm

got a REJECTION. They have sent doucments by airmail, I secifically requested for a courier pick :(

Now the wait starts to know the reason for REFUSAL!

ball1333

Post by ball1333 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:45 pm

cdraina wrote:got a REJECTION. They have sent doucments by airmail, I secifically requested for a courier pick :(

Now the wait starts to know the reason for REFUSAL!
cdraina, now that a decision has been made you can phone the HSMP helpline and speak with the caseworker to find out the reasons for refusal. It was standard practice for the phone person not to put you through to the caseworker while your application was under consideration. However, now that a decision has been made you should be able to talk with the caseworker. Be polite to the phone rep person and you should have no problem getting through to the caseworker. Good luck.

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:33 am

Thanks ball!

As per your advise, I called HO and discussed my case with the customer representative. I have been awarded 80 points (85 claimed). The refusal was due to not satisfying the English language criteria. I had sent a valid TOEFL certificate (score 290/300).

Seems the caseworkers aren't very find of TOEFL certificates. HSMP website clearly mentions that TOEFL is an acceptable certificate.

HO has recently started accepting TOEFL, and I am sure the caseroworker may not be familiar with this fact.

I plan to request a review.

Cheers!
CD

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:17 am

Hi Chakshu,
If it is TOEFL i dont think there should be a problem since its mentioned on HO office, however since the docs have been sent through airmail...it would take time, You could get a english language certificate from the university. Usually they give in one day, just to be on safe side...just a thought!

Cheers

Da
Everything comes to an end eventully...

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:19 am

Thanks Da!

I don't HO will let me send additional documents (Univ certificate) with the review. In case the review is unsuccessful, I will re-apply with univ certificate or IELTS.

Cheers!
CD

Daslimy1

Post by Daslimy1 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:26 am

I honestly dont think it would come to a re-apply situatiion...its just a error by the caseworker for lack of information. He would realize that...dont worry much its a just little delay thats all...Cheers

Da
Everything comes to an end eventully...

cdraina

Post by cdraina » Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:17 am

Da,

I very much hope that your are right my friend!

Cheers!
CD

archman
Newly Registered

Post by archman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:44 pm

cdraina,
dont re-apply now.... just send for a review first (as it is free) with a good covering letter .... re-apply if the appeal is refused (hopefully they wont refuse)...