ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Visa Renewal - Dependent Passport expiring

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arnabkundu
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Visa Renewal - Dependent Passport expiring

Post by arnabkundu » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi

I am on Tier 1 General Visa with a validity till Jan 2016. I plan to apply for renewal in January 2015 as I came into the UK a year later and renewals are closing in April 2015 and I would not qualify for ILR by Jan 2016. Howevever I noticed that my daughter's passport is expiring in June 2015

I wanted to check the following points

1. Is it possible for me to apply for renewal of my visa first and once approved apply for renewal of dependents visa as their current visa only expires in Jan 2016

2. If I decide to apply for renewal on the same day for me and my dependents does the dependent passport need to be valid for more than 6 months.

Thanks
Arnab

arnabkundu
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 1 Visa Renewal - Dependent Passport expiring

Post by arnabkundu » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Hi

It would be very helpful if someone could shed some light on this

Thanks
Arnab

drdheer
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 Visa Renewal - Dependent Passport expiring

Post by drdheer » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:51 am

As per my personal experience:

1- You may apply for your renewal first but as soon as you get your visa apply for your dependants visas immediately within 28 days of your visa approval date.

2- Passport need to be valid on the date of visa extension.

You can also apply for passport renewal 1 year before (If it is Indian passport). As you have plenty of time the best thing is to get the passport renewed now. Hope this helps.