ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Been away 1 year, visa still good. Come back?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yggdrasil
Ireland

Been away 1 year, visa still good. Come back?

Post by yggdrasil » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:13 am

I have been out of the UK for more than a year, but my Tier 1 General doesn't expire until October 2015. I've been having toruble finding exact rules on leaving and returning. Having been out of the country for over a year, can I still return to the UK to work? If so, will I still be eligible to renew next Autumn?

Thanks for your assistance.

naveediiqbal
Pakistan

Re: Been away 1 year, visa still good. Come back?

Post by naveediiqbal » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:39 am

Hi,

I would advise Come back and apply for extension. God knows you may get extension for next five years so may be able to eligible for ILR

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:07 pm

Hi ,
You can come back any time before October 2015. But to get extend your existing stay, you need to satisfy the points as you got in the initial tier 1 visa. Recently UKBA announced that there is no visa extensions after April 2015, So If you get enough points before April 2015, Make covering letter to mention how many years you need to qualify the ILR, So that they might give you 2 to 5 years based on your requirement.

Regards,
Suresh

yggdrasil
Ireland

Post by yggdrasil » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:23 am

Ok, thanks very much for the advice. Much appreciated.