ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOODBYE CRUEL BOARD

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LondonBlonde

GOODBYE CRUEL BOARD

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:12 am

Hi all,

Just got our final FLR stamp good for another three years, but only need one more for ILR.

It's been a wild ride and is now finally finishing for me. Hope to resettle somewhere in continental Europe when we finally get the brit passport as London is wicked expensive.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting on the new rules next year.

LondonBlonde

olisun
Diamond Member

Re: GOODBYE CRUEL BOARD

Post by olisun » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:46 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:Hi all,

Just got our final FLR stamp good for another three years, but only need one more for ILR.

It's been a wild ride and is now finally finishing for me. Hope to resettle somewhere in continental Europe when we finally get the brit passport as London is wicked expensive.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting on the new rules next year.

LondonBlonde
Did you get any help from this board at all?

baskey

Post by baskey » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:08 pm

LondonBlonde wrote:Hi all,

It's been a wild ride and is now finally finishing for me.

LondonBlonde
Who knows, HO don't make changes again with ILR or even citizenship rules!! We never know!! So keep visit here for latest updates.....

Regards,

Baskey

herts
Member of Standing

Post by herts » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:18 pm

london blonde,
you sound very cunning. Dont keep this attitude of yours wont help you much in life.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:04 pm

olisun wrote:
Did you get any help from this board at all?
Ya, was good to commisurate with you all. My applications were always straightforward so only needed the guidance notes otherwise.

Best of luck to you Olisun

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:08 pm

baskey wrote: Who knows, HO don't make changes again with ILR or even citizenship rules!! We never know!! So keep visit here for latest updates.....

Regards,

Baskey
Thanks Baskey - fingers crossed for all of us I guess.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:32 pm

Congratulations, LondonBlonde! :D

And it was about time too - now you can relax and celebrate the end of this stressful, anxious and mad time in your life.

I second Baskey's advise - you never know what cruel twist of (HO) fate will be coming around the corner, so it may be best to check in from time to time on any new rule changes.
Hope to resettle somewhere in continental Europe when we finally get the brit passport as London is wicked expensive.
Why not move up North? Everything's cheaper here, and if you don't have to worry so much about making that high London salary anymore....

Hope to see you around.
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:50 am

EdgeHillMole wrote: Why not move up North? Everything's cheaper here, and if you don't have to worry so much about making that high London salary anymore....

Hope to see you around.
Thanks EdgeHillMole,

I can tell you are also American from your name. Me from Seattle, bringer of Starbucks and grunge music. We used to live on the same street as Cobain and Love.

Ya, we'll have a look up North. Very beautifull up there from what we have seen from the train to Scotland mostly.

About the HSMP programme, I've seen recent news stories suggesting that anyone who signed up before Nov of 2006 may be spared from further grief. Who knows though.

Best of luck to you,

LondonBlonde