ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant Visa Holder to work in UK

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Myra
Newly Registered

Dependant Visa Holder to work in UK

Post by Myra » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:53 am

Hi,

My husband is a Tier 2 ICT holder and I am a dependent visa holder. We are going to be moving to UK soon. I understand that while I am eligible to work in UK , I have a few queries regarding the same :

1) Am I required to take an English proficiency test before hand (Eg IELTS)

2) Would my degrees be held valid in UK (I have an Engineering Bachelor and MBA degree with 7+ years of marketing experience)

3) Are there any tests/conditions that I need to fulfill/prepare for before i move to UK to get a job there.

4) What are the websites/means I can use to find relevant jobs in UK

5) Any indication of the salary range that this kind of profile would merit in UK

It would be immensely useful, if any of you could please help with answers to the above.

Thanks,
Myra

Porus

Re: Dependant Visa Holder to work in UK

Post by Porus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:48 am

Hi ,I am sharing my inputs as below
1) Am I required to take an English proficiency test before hand (Eg IELTS)
Not required
2) Would my degrees be held valid in UK (I have an Engineering Bachelor and MBA degree with 7+ years of marketing experience)
Apply NARIC equivalence certification
3) Are there any tests/conditions that I need to fulfill/prepare for before i move to UK to get a job there.
certain jobs like school teachers require DBS which in turn requires Indian Police certificate (this is done via Indian Embassy if you are in UK)

Myra
Newly Registered

Post by Myra » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:57 am

Thanks Porus.

would you also know, for NARIC certification, do I need to apply right away or post moving to UK ?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:26 am

if you plan to work in the private sector you don't need to obtain a NARIC certificate - an employer may offer you a job on the basis of a job interview where they assess your abilities.

The NARIC certificate is merely to establish whether your degree is recognised to be equivalent to a corresponding UK degree. It is required for certain immigration applications but, as you know, it wasn't for yours.

If you are looking for an engineering job see the appropriate professional journals or contact recruitment agencies.

Myra
Newly Registered

Post by Myra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:02 am

Thanks Manci.

So even IELTS is not necessary for private sector job?

And, I would be seeking mid-management level marketing manager openings - any tips on reliable good websites for that.

Thanks in advance
Myra

Myra
Newly Registered

Post by Myra » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 am

manci wrote:if you plan to work in the private sector you don't need to obtain a NARIC certificate - an employer may offer you a job on the basis of a job interview where they assess your abilities.

The NARIC certificate is merely to establish whether your degree is recognised to be equivalent to a corresponding UK degree. It is required for certain immigration applications but, as you know, it wasn't for yours.

If you are looking for an engineering job see the appropriate professional journals or contact recruitment agencies.

Thanks Manci.

So even IELTS is not necessary for private sector job?

And, I would be seeking mid-management level marketing manager openings - any tips on reliable good websites for that.

Thanks in advance
Myra

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:34 am

Google: jobs + marketing

in the private sector most employers can assess during a job interview if your English is satisfactory, they are unlikely to be interested in paper certificates.