ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply to have documents returned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Taytay
Newly Registered

Apply to have documents returned

Post by Taytay » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:30 am

Good morning,

I sent my application in on Wednesday and found out they received it this morning. I have asked them to return the following documents: 2 passports, marriage certificate, and marriage certificate translation.

Has anyone had any trouble with asking for the return of the translation of the marriage certificate? It seems that the passports and marriage certificate are frequently asked to returned and with success.

Also, when my application is fully processed and I receive my RC, are the rest of my documents returned to me as well? Or must I request this? I need to save some of those documents.

Thanks!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Apply to have documents returned

Post by sheraz7 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Although there is no prescribed timeframe as when the passport & other documents can be requested back but still it maybe more wiser to not request them back until at least receiving the COA (certificate of application - which indicates that the application has been validated in system).
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

GMB
United States of America

Re: Apply to have documents returned

Post by GMB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:33 am

In the four EEA residence card applications I've been involved with, in every case I've requested the return of passports immediately upon their receipt of the application packages (usually the day after they sign for it), and in every case I've received the passports back within a week or two, often with the COA arriving around the same time. I've never requested other documents back, so I can't comment on that part.

Once they have finished with your application (approved and issued your RC), all documents you originally sent in will be returned to you, sometimes in the same envelope as your RC, sometimes as a separate package sent at the same time. I've seen it done both ways.