ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

checklist for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

noapsi
Newly Registered

checklist for spouse visa

Post by noapsi » Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:59 pm

Hello i recently got married in Nigeria and my Husband lives in UK. i want to apply to go over to live with him. But i really dont know the requirements. please can someone help me. I know he needs to earn up to 18,000 pounds per year, needs to show payslip,accomodation and all. but am not sure if there is also a maintenance. someone said he needs to have 800 pounds in his account for three months but i did not see this on the website.
please can someone help me to clarify.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: checklist for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:39 pm

The requirement is that he must earn £18,600pa and have the evidence to prove this. You will need English Language A1 test.

There is no maintenance requirement as such in the way you mention.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:21 pm

noapsi wrote:Hello i recently got married in Nigeria and my Husband lives in UK. i want to apply to go over to live with him. But i really dont know the requirements. please can someone help me. I know he needs to earn up to 18,000 pounds per year, needs to show payslip,accomodation and all. but am not sure if there is also a maintenance. someone said he needs to have 800 pounds in his account for three months but i did not see this on the website.
please can someone help me to clarify.
thanks
Is your husband a British or on ILR? You don't need maintenance if he's British or on ILR.

noapsi
Newly Registered

Post by noapsi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:03 am

He is on ILR. Thanks for clarifying that. Can you pls let me know exactly the documents we need to present . Am also confused about the salary thing. My husband has been with his new employer since April this yr and he is being paid 26,000 per annual.. Now following the calculation for the financial requirement since he has not been there for up to a year and we want to put in the application by January. Would we be ok to do so by then. Am really sorry for asking certain questions . I just want to know we do the right thing pls

julian1972

Post by julian1972 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 6:41 am

noapsi wrote:He is on ILR. Thanks for clarifying that. Can you pls let me know exactly the documents we need to present . Am also confused about the salary thing. My husband has been with his new employer since April this yr and he is being paid 26,000 per annual.. Now following the calculation for the financial requirement since he has not been there for up to a year and we want to put in the application by January. Would we be ok to do so by then. Am really sorry for asking certain questions . I just want to know we do the right thing pls
The form should state what supporting documents to include, those that I can remember at the moment are:
Your passport, copy of his passport/ILR, marriage certificate, 6 months payslip, letter from his employer in the UK, A1 english test certificate, proof of suitable accommodation in the UK, photographs of you and your husband together, any greeting cards you've given to each other, evidence showing that you have been communicating during periods of separation, this can include emails, chats messages, phone bills etc.

Your husband need to earn £18,600 per year and should have been working there at least six months before you apply. If he started the employment in April 2014 you should be ok to apply in January 2015 - it would have been 9 months by the time you apply.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 am

noapsi wrote:He is on ILR. Thanks for clarifying that. Can you pls let me know exactly the documents we need to present . Am also confused about the salary thing. My husband has been with his new employer since April this yr and he is being paid 26,000 per annual.. Now following the calculation for the financial requirement since he has not been there for up to a year and we want to put in the application by January. Would we be ok to do so by then. Am really sorry for asking certain questions . I just want to know we do the right thing pls
You don't need to be confused Ok,we're here to help but I will advise you to go through the forum first,read through and come back with what is not clear to you. I believe someone who needs help should help himself or herself first,so we don't confuse you the more.
Since your hubby is on ILR,you'll be relying on financial requirement and not maintenance fund.
You said your hubby started the job in April?so you can apply NOW,if you wish.because he's already spent six months with the employer,he's only required to have been there for 6 months.
All you need to get on your part are
1. Your passport
2. You need to get tb certificate done
3. You need to pass English at A1 level or if you have degree,you'll need to send it to NARIC for statement of comparability & English language assessment, that's going to be too or get statement of comparability and then get a letter from you university stating your degree was taught in English language. This will be submitted along with your certificate.
All other documents will be supplied and posted by your hubby to Sheffield here in UK after you've submitted your passport, forms,and tb cert over there.
Sorry to say this,but I think your hubby should be doing all this tbh? Feel free to ask questions Ok,it's better to ask than waste almost a thousand pounds and get refused.

destiny43
Newly Registered

Post by destiny43 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:42 am

I met and dated a guy in London, whilst I was on a student visa in the uk... I then returned to South Africa because extension of visa was refused due to non submission of certain documentation.
13yrs later whilst on a night out, I meet him in a club here In South Africa....where he got married to another person, but is now going through divorce. We exchange numbers and stayed in touch, started going on dates, picked up where we left off 13yrs ago, we eventually move In together and he has since proposed. He does not work because he has been left an inheritance which is in a trust.
His mum passed on and dad still lives in London.
Since dad is getting old now he wants us to move to UK ASAP to care for him.......however i have immigration issues......here's my dilemma.......I have been refused 1x visitor visa and 2x tier 5 visa In the past.
My questions are.
Will this affect my spousal visa application?
Will applying for a new passport help?
Do I need to raise past reasons for refusals?

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:52 am

destiny43 wrote:I met and dated a guy in London, whilst I was on a student visa in the uk... I then returned to South Africa because extension of visa was refused due to non submission of certain documentation.
13yrs later whilst on a night out, I meet him in a club here In South Africa....where he got married to another person, but is now going through divorce. We exchange numbers and stayed in touch, started going on dates, picked up where we left off 13yrs ago, we eventually move In together and he has since proposed. He does not work because he has been left an inheritance which is in a trust.
His mum passed on and dad still lives in London.
Since dad is getting old now he wants us to move to UK ASAP to care for him.......however i have immigration issues......here's my dilemma.......I have been refused 1x visitor visa and 2x tier 5 visa In the past.
My questions are.
Will this affect my spousal visa application?
Will applying for a new passport help?
Do I need to raise past reasons for refusals?

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Any assistance will be appreciated.
This thread is over 2 years old! Open your own topic ad post your questions there.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.