ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal to Upper Tribunal timeline

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

euhelp1
Newly Registered

Appeal to Upper Tribunal timeline

Post by euhelp1 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm currently in the appeal process of a refusal to grant residence card as the unmarried partner of a Spanish national. The First Tier Tribunal dismissed my appeal and I applied to appeal that decision on the 10 of October . I am having trouble finding any information on how long it will take the First Tier Tribunal to decide If I can appeal to the Upper Tribunal and if permission is given, how long it would take before I have a hearing. I would appreciate it if anyone can tell me their experience during this process.

Thanks!

dalebutt

Re: Appeal to Upper Tribunal timeline

Post by dalebutt » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Send a chaser letter if you haven't heard from them in 4 weeks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:50 pm

Well appeals are taking about 6-8 weeks to be decided in regards to leave to appeal.

After that it is about 4 weeks for a hearing.

In 2 recents cases i was involved with, that was the time line.

After permission was granted, it took 4 weeks for a hearing.

In another case were I sought permission to the Upper Tribunal, in regards to the "Centre of life issue", the case took a total of 7 months from refusal at FTT to conclusion.

Same with Newcastle, Field House and North Shields ( Newcastle).
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

euhelp1
Newly Registered

Post by euhelp1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:55 am

Thanks for the Info! Thats less than I expected, I hope my case is decided just as quickly.

ebenkug
Newly Registered

Post by ebenkug » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi Obie, can you please help me out with this, I won my case at the FTT, but the home office appealed against it, 1)is it possible that the tribunal can dismiss the home office permission to appeal? 2) any idea what goes on at UTT? Thanks

aiza78601

Post by aiza78601 » Sat May 09, 2015 1:28 pm

hi obie please i need some guidance
i got permission to appeal from upper tribunal.today got rule 24 response from home office that they oppose appeal
do i need to send any reply or just wait for hearing?
thnks