ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of Sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 change of Sponsor

Post by nabeel.chohan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Hi there.

I am currently on Tier 2 (general) visa sponsored by my company. I am offered a job by an employer and therefore would like to confirm the following:

- Do I need to leave the UK to switch the job?
- Also can I use code 2421 if not Qualified Accountant? If not what is the best code of practice?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Nabeel

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 2 change of Sponsor

Post by manci » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:21 pm

nabeel.chohan wrote:Hi there.

I am currently on Tier 2 (general) visa sponsored by my company. I am offered a job by an employer and therefore would like to confirm the following:

- Do I need to leave the UK to switch the job?
no, but make sure your prospective employer has a sponsor licence

- Also can I use code 2421 if not Qualified Accountant? If not what is the best code of practice?
it is the sponsor's responsibility to determine the most appropriate SOC code, not yours
Thanks in advance for your help.

Nabeel

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Post by nabeel.chohan » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 am

Great! Thanks Manci.

nabeel.chohan
Newly Registered

Post by nabeel.chohan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Manci.

Can you please confirm how long does it take to issue a COS? This will be for switching from Tier 2 to Tier 2.
Also, I need to apply for this via the priority application (i.e. within 2 weeks) can you please confirm how long do I need to notify them before filling out that Priority application form and how long they take to respond to that.

Thanks

Nabeel

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 pm

nabeel.chohan wrote:Hi Manci.

Can you please confirm how long does it take to issue a COS? This will be for switching from Tier 2 to Tier 2.

20 minutes if the sponsor has an unrestricted CoS allocation available, otherwise they have to apply for an allocation which normally doesn't take longer then 2 weeks

Also, I need to apply for this via the priority application (i.e. within 2 weeks) can you please confirm how long do I need to notify them before filling out that Priority application form and how long they take to respond to that.
https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-priority-applications

Thanks

Nabeel

Mukund123
Newly Registered

Post by Mukund123 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:11 pm

Hi (Manci),
I am in UK under tier 2 general and now I have recently got new job starting from 1st feb 2015, and still I havent applied for Visa as I have recieved soc yesterday. I dont want to apply for my family as they went back to india. My family were with me here since last 3 years. But for new employment I dont want to apply for my family.
My questions are,

1. I didnt find any option for change of employer application on gov.co.uk site, so do I need to apply for the visa extension category?
2. What are the documents required for application? Do I need to submit again maintenance and address proof docs?
3. Do I need to submit all the academic certificates as well?
4. Can my family still eligible for ILR with me ?
5. What happens if I wont get visa before 1st feb 2015. Will I still able to start my employment with new employer after 1st feb 2015.

Please respond fast as I need to apply as soon as possible.