ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful SET(O) application - Tier 1 route overall

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amit_london
Newly Registered

Successful SET(O) application - Tier 1 route overall

Post by amit_london » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:53 am

Hi All,
I can't thank enough to all the members of immigrationboards.com who have helped me with so many queries in the past with their prompt and accurate replies.

I thought it would be helpful to give all the details of the recently successful ILR application for my wife and if you have any specific queries about my application please feel free to ask.

This application was for my wife's ILR visa. I have already got UK citizenship but my wife was on independent Tier 1 and had to continue with this VISA (long story).

Here are the details of the application and documents we submitted:
Form: SET(O) version 10/2014
Submission type: Premium service at Croydon on 12th Nov 2014
BRP card received: 14th Nov 2014

Documents submitted:
- 12 months bank statements and payslips with full salary
- Bank statements and payslips during maternity period
- Child's birth certificate and employer's letter clearly stating the maternity period, joining back date and salary
- Life in the UK test pass certificate and NARIC letter for English Language assessment
- Previous letter from UKBA with details of points awarded at the time of last Tier 1 application
- Passport, BRP card (Tier 1) and two VISA size photos
- Photo copy of all the above supporting documents

Route: Tier 1
Maternity period: Yes. She was on maternity for 8 months in last 12 months period. As per the requirement, we submitted payslips and bank statements for 12 months excluding the maternity period. Though for evidence of maternity we anyways had to include payslips, bank statements, birth certificate and letter from employer.

Absence from UK: The number of days away from UK were less than 180 days in last 5 years and not more than 90 days in each year. So we did not provided any additional letter, proof or information in this matter. Just filled in the table in section 6.2. Still we did carried a letter subject - Absences due to compelling and compassionate reasons, which basically listed the same information as in section 6.2.

English language: Her graduation and post graduation degree is listed on the calculator but we also got a certificate from NARIC for English Assessment.

We didnt had any other confusion w.r.t. the form so just mentioning these points here, but please feel free to ask any queries about any other sections in our application.

Malik44

Re: Successful SET(O) application - Tier 1 route overall

Post by Malik44 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:57 am

Congratulation :)

ashwini_k

Post by ashwini_k » Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Congrats Amit. What proof did you submit for 5 yr employment history?

amit_london
Newly Registered

Post by amit_london » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:45 pm

[quote="ashwini_k"]Congrats Amit. What proof did you submit for 5 yr employment history?[/quote]

None. There was no such requirement, atleast in my case.

prabhujaya
Newly Registered

Post by prabhujaya » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Well done Amit.Thank you for you time and open minded contributions.... :D

Please can you share the letter you had for "Absence from UK" as a sample.