ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing Schengen Question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Nivine
Newly Registered

Confusing Schengen Question

Post by Nivine » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Hi folks,

I've looked around and not seen anything to answer this one.

I'm British with a UK passport, my wife is non EU with ILR and we have a son with a British passport.

We currently live in UK but soon I will move to Spain to work, my wife and son will say in the UK and will visit me.

Does anyone have any experience with inviting someone to Spain and the documents needed? I see they want a letter from me issued by the police authorities in Spain, has anyone done this before? It seems a bit random to me, any help would be much appreciated!

mgb

Re: Confusing Schengen Question

Post by mgb » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:26 pm

If you stay longer than 90 days you have to register your stay in spain. You will get a Certificado de registro de ciudadano de la union.
If your wife apply for a visa for a family member of a eu citizen and you are waiting for her in spain after your initially 90 days I guess a copy of this certificate would be not bad.