ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR set (M) section 3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

brian1969
Newly Registered

ILR set (M) section 3

Post by brian1969 » Mon May 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Hi

Wondering if someone can help me because right now my head is spinning :D

My wife will be applying for ILR with in the new few weeks and i have a question on section 3.

My wife is applying on her own as she has no children and we have no children together. I however have a 16 year old daughter from a previous marriage.

So my question is regarding the following -

Question 3.3 i take it we have to answer YES.

Question 3.7 also has to be completed too.

I take it these are the only question we need to answer in this section.

Any advise will be welcomed and this is doing my head in :(

Thanks

esmsi

Re: ILR set (M) section 3

Post by esmsi » Mon May 26, 2014 2:45 pm

3.3 Nationality - please indicate if your sponsor has dual nationality or if they have ever held any other nationality or
nationalities
Are u taking about set(M)?

brian1969 wrote:Hi

Wondering if someone can help me because right now my head is spinning :D

My wife will be applying for ILR with in the new few weeks and i have a question on section 3.

My wife is applying on her own as she has no children and we have no children together. I however have a 16 year old daughter from a previous marriage.

So my question is regarding the following -

Question 3.3 i take it we have to answer YES.

Question 3.7 also has to be completed too.

I take it these are the only question we need to answer in this section.

Any advise will be welcomed and this is doing my head in :(

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 2:47 pm

For section 3, answer yes to 3.3 and give details in 3.7 relating to your partners children and no to all the other questions if applicable.

@Esmi - the thread title clearly says Set(M)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:17 pm

CR001 wrote:For section 3, answer yes to 3.3 and give details in 3.7 relating to your partners children and no to all the other questions if applicable.

@Esmi - the thread title clearly says Set(M)
Thank you and its my child so my ex wife's details and this app for for my new wife.

Once again thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Sorry, yes, in 3.7 you can state that the child(ren) live with your ex partner. Ex partner detail is not relevant to your new wife.

Again, as for when the spouse visa was originally applied for, you will need to provide the details relating to your previous marriage (if applicable, in point 2.2 and 2.3 and provide evidence of divorce.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:40 pm

CR001 wrote:Sorry, yes, in 3.7 you can state that the child(ren) live with your ex partner. Ex partner detail is not relevant to your new wife.

Again, as for when the spouse visa was originally applied for, you will need to provide the details relating to your previous marriage (if applicable, in point 2.2 and 2.3 and provide evidence of divorce.

Yes i have all my paper work for my divorce and will send that off again.

In 3.7 do i still have to put my childs, address, who she lives with, and her mums name and why she lives with her

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:42 pm

CR001 wrote:Sorry, yes, in 3.7 you can state that the child(ren) live with your ex partner. Ex partner detail is not relevant to your new wife.

dont you mean point 2.20 and 2.30 if so phew i thought i had wrong forms lol

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:44 pm

Yes, you need to complete it as best you can and if the child lives with the mother following divorce and custody order, it is reasonable to state it like that. Just be honest on the form.

Yes, sorry, it was meant to be point 2.22 and 2.23
Char (CR001 not Casa)

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:57 pm

CR001 wrote:Yes, you need to complete it as best you can and if the child lives with the mother following divorce and custody order, it is reasonable to state it like that. Just be honest on the form.

Yes, sorry, it was meant to be point 2.22 and 2.23

Thank you for your help, just this section was giving me a big headache, could not understand it.
Rest of app seems to be easy and straight forward.

Wife has already passed her B1 english exam double A pass, now next week Life in the UK test.
She should pass this even know i keep failing it lol

Thanks for your help and if i need anymore can i ask you again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 26, 2014 4:35 pm

You are welcom :)

Are you applying by post, in person at PEO or using the Settlement Checking service??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:34 pm

CR001 wrote:You are welcom :)

Are you applying by post, in person at PEO or using the Settlement Checking service??

Wont be doing a PEO as we got screwed last time when we paid for this service. The guy we had doing it was a fool and could hardly speak English, was a waste of money. And refuse our application because my pay slip were no originals, my company does not proved payslip no more, it you want one you have to print it off the company website. It was not until i leave the office that i found out that UKBA do the same as well. I was so mad and angry. As i said the guy was a complete fool .

So this time we are going to be using the settlement checking service with a local council close to use that provides this service. At least we will get our documents back.

When i paid for the PEO last time, the guy keep all our doc's, even my passport and my driving license and our savings account books too. I felt like a stranger in my own country i had no ID what so ever to prove who i was, we had no access to our savings for over 7 months. It took 7 also 8 months before we got it approved. In the end we had to make a formal complaint after 6 months and also wrote to my local MP as well. And then surprise surprise with in 4 weeks of doing this it was approved, how strange.

We are hoping this time will be a lot easier and straight forward, less stress and quicker.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Payslips

Post by brian1969 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:56 am

hi

We are just completing my wife ILR SET(M) forms.

I have just 1 question.

Like most companies now days my employers no long provide payslips. If we need to view our payslip we have to view them online on the company's website. So i can provide original payslips, all i can provide is a printout from my company's website. Would this be ok.

Thanks

brokenangel88
Newly Registered

Re: Payslips

Post by brokenangel88 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:10 am

It depends really. what else are you using to prove your finances?

Me personally, i used bank statements from the last 3 months only, my most recent payslip and my husbands most recent payslip.

We used the settlement checking service at our local authority, which cost £90. She took paperwork, prepared it all in order and how she prepared it, i just gave it to the HO as it was. When asked her why she didnt include more payslips, she told me that you use bank statements OR payslips to show ur finances not both.... and hubbys ILR was granted last friday. Received BRP today. Good Luck.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Re: Payslips

Post by brian1969 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:17 am

Thanks for your reply.

Have 7 months of payslips, 2 years P60's and bank statements for me. My wife is still not working yet so she has no payslips to provide.

We are also using a document checking too, i hope this is going to help and i understand they will post it on for you as well. Did you find you got your processed any quicker by using this service.

Also we dont have any household bills as they are all in our rent, but i have the rent agreement and a covering letter from my landlord to prove this too. Its just been so hard to get post with both our names on.

Thanks

brian1969
Newly Registered

ILR SET (M) section 3

Post by brian1969 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:16 am

Hi

Just a little confused with section 3.

Me and my current wife do not have any children, but i have a daughter from a previous marriage.

Am i right in saying that all we need to fill out in this section is questions 3.3 which i answer yes too, 3.4 will be no as my daughter is British and question 3.7 where i provide details where my daughter lives and who with, am i correct.

As for questions 3.1, 3.2 we answer no too and questions 3.5 and 3.6 we leave blank.

Are we right, this is the only section we are having a little trouble with.

Thanks for your help.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Bank statement help ASAP

Post by brian1969 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:22 pm

Hi

Just found out that the bank no longer will validate your statements if you print them off on line, which i did.

They have now printed my statements off for me in branch on headed paper. The only thing is it does not have my address on the statements. Would this be a problem.

Thanks

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Re: Bank statement help ASAP

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

At least the first page of the bank statement should have your name & address.
If the statements are not printed in bank's logo sheet, just get stamp & signature on it from them.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 pm

Macro_Run wrote:At least the first page of the bank statement should have your name & address.
If the statements are not printed in bank's logo sheet, just get stamp & signature on it from them.

No the first sheet has no address on it, it is just like a internet print out but now on bank headed paper. I asked them to stamp them but they said they do not do not now.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Don't have any recent bank header paper with your name & address?

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 pm

Macro_Run wrote:Don't have any recent bank header paper with your name & address?

i cant find any right now, might ask bank to write a letter.

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:01 pm

It is good to request a letter from bank with your name & residing address.

jollylolly
Newly Registered

Post by jollylolly » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:23 pm

You could call up the customer care and request for new bank statements.. usually takes about a week to receive it through post.

brian1969
Newly Registered

Post by brian1969 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:04 pm

jollylolly wrote:You could call up the customer care and request for new bank statements.. usually takes about a week to receive it through post.
I did that Jollylolly and they wanted to charge me £1 per sheet of paper. Going back over 6 months thats quite a few sheets of paper at a quid a go.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Care to mention which bank.

Different banks seem to have different rules. I printed mine too for the spouse visa a couple of years ago, went into my local branch (Barclays) and they were more than happy to stamp each page for the last six months.

£1 per page :shock:

If you are applying for ILR, 3 months is generally sufficient.

Its probably a good idea for people who are yet to apply to change their online statements to postal delivery. Banks no longer seem to go the extra mile for their customers like they used too.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

brian1969 wrote:Hi

Just found out that the bank no longer will validate your statements if you print them off on line, which i did.

They have now printed my statements off for me in branch on headed paper. The only thing is it does not have my address on the statements. Would this be a problem.

Thanks
Simply go back to branch and request a balance certificate which always contain present address & name at top. Attach that certificate at the top along with the statements which you got on bank letterhead. It will certainly work.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS