ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 RC application: send photocopies with originals?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

EEA2 RC application: send photocopies with originals?

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Hi there,

Upon applying for my EEA Family Permit application (which I joyously received earlier this year!) we were advised to send photocopies of everything included in the application, to save a potential delay in the return of our documents after the decision had been made.

*Should I also photocopy every piece of documentation included in my Residence Card application (including cover letters, my passport and my partner's national ID card) and send it with the originals in my application?

Many, many thanks in advance for taking the time to read or respond...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA2 RC application: send photocopies with originals?

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:34 pm

We sent photocopies of all the original documents that we sent, however, we didn't provide photocopies of the documents that we don't want back, e.g. the cover letter/application form.

Don't think there's an official stance on this. It's up to you.

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi there,

Thank you for replying so promptly...it really is greatly appreciated when time is of the essence, so thank you for taking the time!

Your answer is very clear and most helpful indeed.

Thank you and best regards.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:48 pm

wingsatmyfeet wrote:Hi there,

Thank you for replying so promptly...it really is greatly appreciated when time is of the essence, so thank you for taking the time!

Your answer is very clear and most helpful indeed.

Thank you and best regards.

Good luck!

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi there,

I am about to send off my application and am wondering whether I should send/include with my application:

- colour photocopies of the documents I want returned or
- black-and-white copies??

I am hoping that it is black-and-white...!

I made copies of my EEA Family Permit documents at my former workplace overseas and made them all in colour at the cost of my former employer.

However here in London local copiers seem to charge about 1 pound on average per page...and we have more than a hundred pages of documentation in total...

Does anyone have any advice please?? Colour or black-and-white??

Many thanks in advance.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

wingsatmyfeet wrote:Hi there,

I am about to send off my application and am wondering whether I should send/include with my application:

- colour photocopies of the documents I want returned or
- black-and-white copies??

I am hoping that it is black-and-white...!

I made copies of my EEA Family Permit documents at my former workplace overseas and made them all in colour at the cost of my former employer.

However here in London local copiers seem to charge about 1 pound on average per page...and we have more than a hundred pages of documentation in total...

Does anyone have any advice please?? Colour or black-and-white??

Many thanks in advance.
All of mine were black and white. Just remember: there isn't actually a requirement to photocopy. I just thought it was a good idea. I only copied the original documents (don't forget to keep a copy of important for yourself too!)

wingsatmyfeet
Newly Registered

Post by wingsatmyfeet » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:55 am

Thank you very much!

May I ask if you have received your original documentation back yet or are you awaiting confirmation?

Thank you again...

It is quite the stressful process but I am just trying to focus on how fortunate we are that we are able to apply at all...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 am

wingsatmyfeet wrote:Thank you very much!

May I ask if you have received your original documentation back yet or are you awaiting confirmation?

Thank you again...

It is quite the stressful process but I am just trying to focus on how fortunate we are that we are able to apply at all...
We are still awaiting confirmation and haven't asked for anything back except for both of our original passports. These were returned promptly.

They will send the original documentation back when they have made a decision. I don't really need it now so there's no point in requesting it at the moment.

I wouldn't stress. If your spouse is exercising treaty rights and you are here with him/her they will find it very hard to reject the RC. Don't worry. It's your right to have it if you meet the requirements; photocopies or lack thereof will not affect your rights.